A&D Medical Essential Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor
Fits Upper Arms 8.6-16.5 Inches For An Accurate and Fast Reading
Check your blood pressure with a simple push of a button with the A&D Medical Essential Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor. This monitor uses speed to accurately check your blood pressure and displays the average of all your measurements in easy-to-read digital numbers. It can store up to 60 memory readings in the device, detect irregular heartbeats, and provide gentle inflation for a more comfortable measurement. Soon after the blood pressure monitor finishes its reading it will show a simultaneous readout of systolic and diastolic blood pressure and pulse rate; plus, its battery icon shows when the battery is full and blinks when the battery is low and needs to be replaced.
- Accurately checks blood pressure with speed
- Wide range cuff for upper arm 8.6-16.5 inches (22-42cm)
- Stores up to 60 readings in built-in memory
- Alerts you to the presence of an irregular heartbeat
- One button operation for easy use
How It Works
A&D Medical blood pressure monitors are easy to use, accurate and digitally display full measurement readouts. The technology is based on the oscillo-metric method – a noninvasive blood pressure determination. The term "oscillation" refers to any measure of vibrations caused by the arterial pulse. This monitor examines the pulsatile pressure generated by the arterial wall as it expands and contracts against the cuff with each heartbeat.
The cuff is inflated until the artery is fully blocked. The inflation speed is maximized and the pressure level is optimized by the device. The monitor takes measurements while the cuff is both inflating and deflating. This results in a faster measurement providing greater comfort to the user.
Blood pressure measurements determined with this device are equivalent to those obtained by a trained observer using the cuff/stethoscope auscultation method within the limits prescribed by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI/AAMI SP10) for electronic sphygmomanometers.
The Basic Blood Pressure Monitor is powered by batteries or a plug-in power adapter (not included). It comes with a Wide size arm cuff, designed to fit upper arms measuring 8.6 to 16.5 inches around.
- Blood pressure cuff (8.6-16.5")
- Instruction Manual
- (4) AA Batteries
A&D Telemedicine Sensors
A&D has established a global market leadership position in serving the healthcare industry. A&D's foundation of providing oscillometric blood pressure monitors for both professional and home use since 1980 provided a solid foundation for the development of this next generation line of products. A&D's telemedicine product line was introduced in 1995 in response to growing demand in the research sector for telemedicine solutions. At that time, leading Japanese electronics companies turned to A&D due to our solid reputation as a specialist in innovative, high-quality blood pressure monitoring solutions.
Since then, A&D is recognized as the supplier of choice for the development of telemedicine sensors in partnership with medical research and commercial companies worldwide.
- Manufacturer Part #: UA-651
- UPC: 093764603341
- Measurement Accuracy:
- Pressure: ±3 mmHg
- Pulse: ±5 %
- Clinical Test: ANSI / AAMI SP-10 1992
- Cuff Size: BP Only – WRC Size S, M, L (in)
- Unit Dimensions: 3.8(W) x5.1(D) x 2.7(H) inches
- Weight (Lbs): Approx. 8.1 oz., excluding the batteries
- Memory: Last 60 measurements
- Measurement Range:
- Pressure: 0 – 299 mmHg
- Systolic Pressure: 60 – 279 mmHg
- Diastolic Pressure: 40 – 200 mmHg
- Pulse: 40 – 180 beats / minute
- Power Supply: 4 AA batteries (included)
- Number of Measurements (Battery):
- Approx. 700 times LR6 (Alkaline Batteries)
- Approx. 200 times R6P (Manganese Batteries)
- Warranty: 5 Years