Our return policy covers several types of returns:
If you are not entirely satisfied with your purchase, you can return the item to Home Controls within 30 days for a full refund of the item cost. Contact our Customer Service Department by email at email@example.com or by phone at 858-693-8887 and we will provide you with a Return Authorization (RA) number. Then, we will email instructions to you on how to return your item(s) to us.
To be eligible for a return:
- Item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it. Item must be in the original packaging, with all original instructions and other included accessories.
- Item must be received within 30 calendar days from the date you received it.
- Item must be returned with a Return Authorization (RA) number provided by Home Controls.
- Item must not be included in our Ineligible Products list.
Note: Items that do not meet our eligibility criteria are subject to a 30% restocking fee, or Home Controls may deny the return.
Once your return is approved, we will initiate a refund to your original payment method. Please allow up to two billing cycles for the refund to appear on your statement.
You are responsible for paying your own shipping costs for returning the item. Shipping costs are non-refundable.
If the item does not operate properly, you have the option of returning it for a full refund (or replacement/repair under a valid warranty, if preferred) within 30 days of receipt. After 30 days, the product may be eligible for replacement/repair under manufacturer warranty policies. Contact our Customer Service Department by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 858-693-8887 for more information.
Warranty policies vary between manufacturers, so contact us for specific instructions about the items you purchased. Home Controls may be able to honor the warranty, you may need to contact the manufacturer directly, or a combination of both may be required.
Due to manufacturer warranty policies, defective items may not be returned for a refund after 30 days of receipt. Instead, defective items are repaired or replaced. Repair times are subject to the manufacturer's processing period. Contact us for details about the item(s) you purchased.
Once Home Controls has issued a Return Authorization (RA) number, please ship the item back within 10 days. Return postage is at the customer's expense. Upon receipt of the return, Home Controls will inspect and test the product, if necessary, with their own trained technical support department. Any product tested and deemed in the working condition will be returned to the customer. Defective items will be replaced or repaired according to the manufacturer's warranty. Repairs will be sent to the manufacturer immediately. Lead times vary for repairs to be completed based on each individual manufacturer. Home Controls covers standard ground shipping costs for replacements or repaired items shipped to you within the US. Upgraded expedited and overnight shipping is available at the customer's expense. Please call Home Controls if you have any questions regarding defective products. We are happy to help.
Items that are not eligible for return include:
- Batteries: Includes any size.
- Damaged Items: Includes any item that has been used, installed, customized, programmed or damaged, such as the main product, the packaging/box, instructions, or other included accessories.
- Expired Warranty: Includes defective items that do not meet manufacturer warranty policies.
- Intellectual Property: Includes books, plans and software, due to copyright laws.
- Incomplete Items: Includes any item that is missing pieces or accessories (screws, cables, wire caps, mounting tape, and all other items originally included with the item).
- Wire: Includes large spools or boxes of bulk wire and bundled cable. Does not include "wire-in products" or terminated cables.
Special and sale items that are not eligible for return include:
- Clearance: Includes all clearance, blowout and discontinued items. All sales on Clearance products are final, and are not eligible for return. All manufacturer warranties are still valid.
- Customized Item: Includes items that are sold as customizable products.
- Open Box: Open box products are uninstalled items that have been returned to us. The box is opened, damaged, or missing; however, the item is still in new condition. All sales on Open Box products are final, and are not eligible for return. All manufacturer warranties are still valid.
We are here to help! You may contact our Customer Service Department by email at email@example.com or by phone at 858-693-8887 if you have questions regarding your return. If you already have a Return Authorization (RA) number from us, please provide the number so we can quickly find your return.