Global Caché IR Learner
Connect Your Systems To Any PC & The Internet
Home automation installers can use the Global Caché IR Learner to learn the full IR code spectrum (30KHz to 500KHz) using a PC. Once the codes are stored, you can use them on a networked computer or online to control any component that accepts IR commands. The IR Learner is perfect for use with Global Caché's line of iTach products.
- Learns the full spectrum of IR codes
- Captures IR commands from remote controls
- Plugs into the serial port on a PC
- Software converts and stores codes
The IR Learner plugs into your PC at the serial port, or into a USB port with a USB to Serial Cable (sold separately). Power is supplied to the learner by the RTS line of the serial port. The device is used with the included software on CD, which allows you to store IR commands on the computer.
Once the IR Learner is setup with the software, you can point an IR remote control at the learner and push buttons to begin capturing IR codes. Codes will be displayed, converted into different formats, and automatically copied into the Windows clipboard. You can paste the codes into any Windows application to quickly create and updates a database and/or spreadsheet.
- IR Learner
- IR Learner Utility CD
IMPORTANT Note: Global Caché products are not available to ship outside the U.S. Please contact Global Caché directly for international orders.
Simply Connect With Global Caché
The Global Caché family of connectivity products provides choices for the industry professional and the consumer – significantly reducing costs and providing a scalable platform for today and the future. Global Caché's belief in open systems and the evolution of the automation market is being played out today, since cost-effective PC-based and phone-based control applications are now becoming widely available. iTach devices, Network Adapters, and other Global Caché connectivity products have radically changed the automation dynamic. These products are engineered to integrate easily into any control environment, even high-end proprietary systems, providing a path to open systems and better competitive leverage.
- Encoding: Comma delimited ASCII text ending with a terminator
- Connector: Female DB-9, DTE format
- RTS, pin 7: Used for power
- Gnd, pin 5: Signal and power ground
- TxD, pin 3: Transmit data to the GC-IRE
- RxD, pin 2: Received data from the GC-IRE
- Baud Rate: 9600
- Other: No parity, one stop bit
- Flow Control: None
- Power: Supplied by RTS (pin 7), must be 7 to 25 volts @ 5mA
IR Sensor Interface
- Connector Type: 3.5mm stereo jack
- IR Frequency Range: 30 to 500KHz
- Power Supplied: 7 to 25 volts @ 2mA