Global Caché IR Extender
Full Spectrum IR Processor
The Global Caché IR Extender allows you to control networked digital equipment with an IR remote control. Designed for use in conjunction with a Global Caché IR Receiver (GCRG1, sold separately), the IR Extender plugs into a computer and converts IR commands from a remote control into digital signals. Digital signals can then be recorded, played back, and used to initiate actions across the network.
- Captures IR commands from an IR remote
- Supports the full IR spectrum (30KHz to 500KHz)
- Converts IR signals into digital signals
- Filters and measures IR noise
- Sends digitized signals across the network
The IR Extender plugs into your PC at the serial port, or into a USB port with a USB to Serial Cable (sold separately). Your IR Receiver plugs into the extender's 3.5mm jack. Power is supplied to the extender by the RTS line of the serial port. Once setup, the receiver captures IR commands and the extender converts the information into serial ASCII text, which is sent to the Windows Hyper Terminal.
Note: Requires a compatible IR receiver, sold separately. The GCRG1 receiver is recommended.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Global Caché products are not available to ship outside the U.S. Please contact Global Caché directly for international orders.
Simply Connect With Global Caché
The Global Caché family of connectivity products provides choices for the industry professional and the consumer – ignificantly reducing costs and providing a scalable platform for today and the future. Global Caché's belief in open systems and the evolution of the automation market is being played out today, since cost-effective PC-based and phone-based control applications are now becoming widely available. iTach devices, Network Adapters, and other Global Caché connectivity products have radically changed the automation dynamic. These products are engineered to integrate easily into any control environment, even high-end proprietary systems, providing a path to open systems and better competitive leverage.
- RS 232 Port: Male DB9 Connector; 1200 baud to 115 Kbaud Data Rates Supported; Odd, Even, and None Parity Settings; Bi-directional hardware RTS/CTS Flow Control
- Network Connection: RJ45 Connector; 100/10 Base-T Ethernet Protocol; Adheres to TCP, DHCP and HTTP Standards
- Setup: Integrated web server for easy configuration; Configure through TCP/IP setup commands
- iHelp Setup Utility: Downloadable iHelp software simplifies network discovery and setup
- IR Learning Utility: Downloadable iLearn software allows for the capture and playback of IR commands for control uses
- LED Indicators: Power and all connectors to indicate activity
Global Caché Partners that provide compatible iPad/iPod/iPhone/Android control apps include (but are not limited to):
- JDS Technologies
- MBH Remote
- Perceptive Automation
- Roomie Remote
- tin:b Software
- Touch Squid
- Worried Cat Mote
- Xpertise Consulting
- Manufacturer Part #: IP2SL-P
- Power Input: 5 to 16V DC@300mA (wall power adapter included); USB power cable draws power from USB port (included); Power over Ethernet enabled
- Device Packaging: Aluminum extrusion case, rubber end caps and plastic face plates
- Weight: 3.25 ounces (6 oz. with power supply)
- Dimensions: 3.25(L) x 2.25(W) x 1.25(H) inches
- Shipping Box Dimensions: 9.0(L) x 3.5(W) x 2.0(H) inches
- Certifications: FCC (Part 15, Class B), C-tick, CE; RoHs compliant
- Warranty: 2-Year Limited