WaterCop Electric Actuator Motor
Main Controller for the WaterCop Classic System
As the brains of the WaterCop Classic flood prevention system, the WaterCop Electric Actuator Motor receives signals from your WaterCop flood sensors (sold separately) when they detect moisture, and activates the shut-off valve (sold separately) to shut off your water supply, preventing damage to your property. The motor also allows manual valve control with its soft-touch on/off buttons. It comes with a 20-foot power cord that plugs into any standard outlet for power.
- Receives wireless signals from wireless flood sensor(s)
- Automatically activates the shut-off valve upon leak detection
- On/off valve control buttons allow manual operation
- Color-coded LED indicates current valve position
- Includes 20-foot power cord for any standard outlet
- Optionally integrates into a security/automation system
The motor features a built-in wireless receiver with user adjustable digital security codes, which allows additional nearby WaterCop systems to operate independently. It also has auxiliary low voltage contacts with a modular RJ-45 interface socket for direct connection to optional WaterCop accessories, or for integration with a third-party home security or automation system using standard Cat5 computer cabling.
About the WaterCop System
The WaterCop System is designed to detect leaks at predetermined locations, and automatically shut off the water supply to help effectively reduce the chances of major water damage. A WaterCop system will provide your home with round-the-clock indoor flood protection. It works with wired and wireless flood sensors, wall switches, and most home security/automation systems.
WaterCop offers homeowners many benefits:
- Added property protection and peace of mind
- Potential insurance savings (discounts or credits)
- Integration with home security and automation systems
- 24/7 protection and conservation while you're home or away
Flood damage and losses related to plumbing problems can lead to higher home insurance costs and possibly the loss of affordable coverage altogether. The WaterCop system, when properly installed and maintained, offers a proven method to effectively reduce the chance of catastrophic plumbing related flooding.
WaterCop Systems are ideal protection for:
- Single-family residences
- Multi-family residences
- Vacation homes and villas
- Rental homes and apartments
- Senior living homes and centers
- Laundry businesses
The WaterCop System is composed of three basic parts:
- WaterCop Electric Actuator Motor, the main system control unit.
- Ball valve (sold separately), connected to the Electric Actuator Motor, automatically turns off your water supply when any flood sensor detects water.
- Flood sensors (sold separately), which detect water from a leak or overflow, house a wireless radio transmitter that sends a signal to the WaterCop Motor to turn off your water supply.
How the System Works
Flood sensors constantly monitor their selected areas for accumulating moisture. When a leak is detected, a sensor sends a wireless radio frequency signal to the WaterCop motor, instructing it to activate the valve to shut off the water supply to the home. Once shut, the WaterCop valve will remain closed until it is manually reset.
The flood sensors are battery-powered, enabling them to be located anywhere a leak is likely to occur, or where water might cause damage.
Where to Use WaterCop:
- Kitchen: dishwashers, refrigerators, icemakers
- Bathroom: toilets, bathtubs, showers
- Water Heaters
- Washing Machines
- Electric Actuator Motor
- Power Cord, 20-foot
- Instruction Manual
- The WaterCop motor requires electrical power (120V standard outlet) and will not operate during a power outage.
- Required valve and sensor(s) are sold separately.
- Not compatible with Z-Wave WaterCop devices. Intended for use only with the wireless 418 MHz WaterCop Classic system.
Stop Damaging Water Leaks...
... before they become major problems!
WaterCop automatic water shut-off systems automatically turn off the water when a leak has been detected. This effectively reduces the chance of water damage due to common plumbing problems.
WaterCop Systems are activated by flood sensors, an optional remote switch, or many types of home security systems. WaterCop systems provide homeowners with added control benefits and peace of mind.
Maintain a smarter home ... install a WaterCop today!
- Manufacturer Part #: WCDACT
- Frequency: 418 MHz
- Wireless Range: approx. 100 to 200 feet
- Ambient Temperature: 35° to 105°F
- Enclosure: Polycarbonate
- Voltage: 12VDC, 60 Hz
- Power Cord: 20-foot power cord with 2-prong transformer for a standard outlet.
- Approvals: FCC, UL
- Warranty: 2 Years