Optex Universal Wireless Gate & Patio Dual PIR Detector
Include Reliable Motion Detection Into Your Security System
Eliminate the possibilities of false alarms from your motion sensing security system with the Optex Universal Wireless-Ready Gate & Patio Dual PIR Detector. This advanced wireless weatherproof motion sensor utilizes dual PIR detection zones to more accurately detect human or other large sized movement and avoid reporting false alarms caused by environmental factors and small animals. The sensor only reports detected movement when a moving object enters both IR zones, such as a person or large pet or animal. The sensor's 190 degree rotation and adjustable detection zone allows it to fit into virtually any sized security application.
- Dual zoned PIR motion detector reports human-or-larger sized movement when a subject enters both IR zones simultaneously
- False alarm protection against extreme weather conditions & small presence
- Adjustable detection range up to 16 x 3'3 ft, and adjustable gap between IR zones
- Wireless-ready, universally compatible with existing wireless transmitters
- Built-in bracket enables 190° rotation
The Optex Universal Wireless-Ready Gate & Patio Dual PIR Detector offers adjustable detection range, allowing you to customize coverage for the specific area you need to monitor. Either use the default range of 16'5" long by 3'3" wide (5 x 1 m), or flip the detector's lens to reduce length to 6'7" (2 m) and width to 1.15' (0.35 m).
To prevent unauthorized access by tampering, a tamper switch/alarm is activated if the main unit is peeled off from the wall, cracking the plastic bracket.
The Optex Dual PIR Detector mounts onto a flat surface with the included mounting screws. The Detector's mounting bracket can be adjusted horizontally up to 190 degrees for optimal detection angles for any installation. The Detector can be hardwired to a compatible power supply or alarm device with included connector cables.
- Dual PIR Detector
- CR123A Battery
- Mounting Base
- (3) 20mm screws
- Connector for Power and Alarm
- Connector Cable for Trouble Output
Optex: The Quality Products People Expect
Optex specializes in passive and active infrared technology, control systems and CCTV products for home and business security. Since its founding in 1979, Optex has established a world-wide reputation for quality, innovation and technical excellence. Their products always represent an investment in performance and long-term satisfaction.
- Manufacturer Part #: FTN-R-PT
- UPC: 788924500515
- Detection Method: Dual Passive Infrared
- PIR Coverage: 16'5 x 3'3 feet (5x1 meters) or 6'7 x 1.15" feet, 16'5" (2x0.35 m)
- Detectable Speed: 1' to 4'11"/s (0.3 to 1.5 m/s)
- Sensitivity: 3.6°F at 2 feet/s (2.0°C at 0.6 m/s)
- Operation Voltage: 2.5-10 VDC
- Power Input: 3-9VDC CR123A Lithium or Alkaline Battery
- Current Draw: 9µa Standby / 3mA max. at 3 VDC
- Alarm Period: 2.0 ±1.0 seconds
- Warm-Up Period: approx. 120 seconds (LED blinks)
- Alarm Output: N.C./N.O. selectable-solid state switch 10 VDC 0.01 A (max.)
- Trouble Output: N.C./N.O. selectable-solid state switch 10 VDC 0.01 A (max.)
- LED Indicator:
- Enable: During Dip Switch 1 (Walk Test Mode) Or Dip Switch 4 (LED) On
- Disable: During Normal Operation
- Light/Blink: Warm-up, Alarm
- Operation Temperature: Ã¢â‚¬â€œ4 to 140°F (-20 to 60°C)
- Environment Humidity: 95 percent max.
- Weatherproof: IP55
- Mounting: Wall (Outdoor, Indoor)
- Mounting Height: 2'7" to 3'11" (0.8 to 1.2 m)
- Weight: 6.4 ounces (180 g) without wireless transmitter and battery
- Dimensions: 2.07 x 6.94 x 2.66 inches (52.6 x 176.4 x 67.5 mm)
- Accessories: Connector for Power Input and Alarm Output, Connector for Trouble Output, 2x 3x20mm screws
- Approvals: FCC, IC