Optex 120-Degree Wide Angle Outdoor PIR & Microwave Dual-Tech Motion Detector, Anti-Masking
120° Wide Angle Pet Immune Motion Detection Coverage
Bring versatile and reliable outdoor motion detection into your home or business with the Optex 120° Wide Angle Outdoor PIR & Microwave Dual-Tech Motion Detector with Anti-Masking. This outdoor motion detector utilizes PIR and Microwave detection zones to identify and notify you of movements of subjects such as humans, large animals, cars, and others while ignoring smaller subjects such as small pets or swaying branches. This greatly reduces the amount of excessive notifications or false alarms of detected movement, ensuring you are notified only when necessary. The sensor's 120° field of vision lets it monitor large areas. Additionally, the motion detector features anti-masking functionality, and SMDA Logic technology, which accounts for weather changes and wind-swept vegetation to easily distinguish between false alarms and real intrusions.
- PIR and Microwave motion detector monitors a 120° detection area, up to 40ft away
- Only alerts you of movement when a subject is seen by both PIR and microwave detection zones, eliminating false alarms from moving vegetation or small animals
- Adjustable height settings between 2'7 to 6'7 ft (0.8 to 2 M)
- "Pet Alley" Pattern available for Low Mount setups ignores pets
- Available in Wired or Wireless options
- IP54 weather resistant and UV resistant ASA body
Dual Motion Detection Sensors
The Optex 120° Wide Angle Outdoor PIR & Microwave Dual-Tech Motion Detector with Anti-Masking emits PIR and microwave motion detection zones within its field of view. An alarm will be generated only when a subject is detected by the PIR detection and microwave detection areas simultaneously. This prevents the sensor, and your security system, from being triggered by false alarms and also enables the device to only be triggered by moving subjects of certain sizes, such as a person or large animal, while ignoring movement from small moving objects or animals.
The Motion Detector mounts onto a wall with the included mounting hardware. Once the wall mount is installed, the Detector's case can be removed/fixed without any screws. The Detector's cover can also be opened/closed without any screws. The device can be ceiling mounted with the ceiling mount plate (CA-2C) or wall mounted with an adjustable bracket (CA-1W), each sold separately.
- 120° Panoramic Outdoor PIR & Microwave Dual-Tech Motion Detector, Anti-Masking
- Locking Screw
- Area Masking Strips
- (2) 4x12mm Mounting Screws (QXI-DT Only)
- (3) 4x12mm Mounting Screws (QXI-RDT Only)
- Dummy battery and connector for ALARM (QXI-RDT Only)
- Connector for TROUBLE Output (QXI-RDT Only)
Optex: The Quality Products People Expect
Optex specializes in passive and active infrared technology, control systems and CCTV products for home and business security. Since its founding in 1979, Optex has established a world-wide reputation for quality, innovation and technical excellence. Their products always represent an investment in performance and long-term satisfaction.
- Manufacturer Part #:
- QXI-DT: Hard Wired
- QXI-RDT: Wireless
- Detection Method:
- QXI-DT: Passive Infrared & Microwave
- QXI-RDT: Passive Infrared & Microwave
- PIR Coverage: 12 m (40 ft) 120° wide
- PIR Zones:
- Multi level: 40 zones
- Pet alley: 18 zones
- Detectable Speed: 0.3 to 2.0 m / s (1' to 6'7" / s)
- Sensitivity: 3.6 °F (2.0 °C) at 0.6 m/s
- Power Input:
- QXI-DT: 9.5 to 16 V DC
- QXI-RDT: CR123A (3 V DC) *Not included
- Current Draw:
- QXI-DT: 30 mA max. at 12 V DC
- QXI-RDT: 16 ÃŽÂ¼A stand-by / 11 mA max. at 3 V DC
- Alarm Period: 2.0 ± 0.1 sec.
- Warm-Up Period: 60 sec. or less (LED blinks)
- Alarm (R) Output:
- QXI-DT: N.C/N.O. switchable, 28 V DC 0.1 A max.
- QXI-RDT: N.C/N.O. switchable solidstate switch, 3 V DC 0.01 A max.
- Alarm (L) Output:
- QXI-DT: N.C. / N.O. Selectable 28 V DC 0.1 A max.
- QXI-RDT: N.C. / N.O. Selectable-Solid State Switch 10 V DC 0.01 A max.
- Trouble Output:
- QXI-DT: N.C. 28 V DC 0.1 A max.
- QXI-RDT: N.C/N.O. switchable solid state switch, 3 V DC 0.01 A max
- Tamper Output (QXI-DT Only): N.C. 28 V DC 0.1 A max. Open when the cover is opened
- LED indicator (Red):
- Walk test end
- Blocking detection
- Walk test end
- Multi level: 7'3" to 8'11" (2.2 to 2.7 m )
- Pet alley: 2'7" to 4' (0.8 to 1.2 m)
- QXI-DT: 195 g (6.88 oz. / 0.43 lbs)
- QXI-RDT: 230 g (8.11 oz. / 0.5 lbs)