Kwikset SmartCode 916 Series Zigbee Touchscreen Deadbolt with Home Connect
Reinforce Your Door with a Smart Zigbee Lock
Include your front door into your home security system with the Kwikset SmartCode 916 Series Zigbee Touchscreen Deadbolt with Home Connect. This Zigbee connected smart deadbolt features three methods to lock/unlock your door: a capacitive touchscreen, a standard turnkey, and remote operation via a Zigbee smart hub. The touchscreen is designed with swift security in mind; with the ability to hide your passcodes and fingerprints, swiftly lock your door with a single touch, and resistance to lock picking.
- Lock/unlock door via touchscreen keypad, remote, or turnkey
- "Random digit generator" ensures codes are not identifiable by fingerprints
- Dedicated lock button provides fast, one-touch locking
- SmartKey Security Re-Key Technology prevents lock bumping (picking)
- Small size and sleek metal construction ensures universal installation
- Supports Zigbee devices via Home Connect
- Works with Amazon Alexa via Samsung SmartThings
This smart deadbolt features a 12-button touchscreen for coded entry, as well as Zigbee technology to communicate with other Zigbee devices in your home. Enter your code, use a standard key to unlock the door, or use your Zigbee compatible smart hub's mobile app to remotely access your lock.
916 Series Features
This 916 Series deadbolt saves up to 30 different user access codes at a time, allowing you to create and share access to your home with family, friends, and temporary guests. Codes are easily created and deleted, so you can give temporary access to housesitters, maintenance workers, etc. The MasterCode feature gives one user complete control over the system and prevents other users from adding or deleting codes.
The deadbolt operates on a one-touch motorized locking mechanism to enable remote locking and unlocking. Use a Zigbee controller or a smartphone app to lock/unlock your door from anywhere. An included backup keyway allows you to lock/unlock the door manually with a turnkey. 916 Series deadbolts utilize BumpGuard, a patented side locking bar that replaces the traditional pin and tumbler locking mechanism to protect against lock bumping or lock picking. Additionally, the 916 deadbolt's tapered design offers enhanced compatibility with misaligned doors and allows you to lock the deadbolt without having to pull and push the door repeatedly to shut it.
SmartCode Electronic Locks
With your own personal code, you can enter your home with just a few simple pushes of a button and lock it with just one. You also get more control over who has access to your home. Just assign a temporary code and delete it when you see fit. Now you can totally eliminate the need for keys. SmartCode is easy to install, program and use and operates on 4 AA batteries.
Home Connect Technology
Kwikset's Home Connect Technology allows your front door lock to talk to other things in your house, such as the security system, lighting, thermostat and entertainment system – all through wireless Zigbee.
- Lock or unlock doors with a mobile device or secure Internet connection
- Check lock status remotely
- Receive notification and/or video of who enters your home
- Remotely add or delete access codes
Integrate with security systems:
- Lock doors when system is armed
- Disarm Security System when door is unlocked
- Communicate door lock status
Integrate with home control systems:
- Lock doors with handheld remote, touch screen or smartphone
- Customize lighting scenes upon unlocking the main entry door or garage entry door
- Ability to limit access for users to specific times and/or days of the week
- Ability to provide temporary access to friends and house sitters
- Zigbee Touchscreen Deadbolt
- Latch and Strike
- (2) Standard Cut Keys
- Installation Hardware
- Not compatible with Control4 systems
- Requires a Zigbee network controller, sold separately.
The Best Security Is Smart Security
An established leader in lock technology, Kwikset is widely recognized for providing families security and peace of mind with high quality door locks and door hardware. No more worrying about keys! The convenience of keyless technology is now available at your fingertips.
- Manufacturer Part #:
- Satin Nickel: 99160-031
- Polished Brass: 99160-032
- Venetian Bronze: 99160-033
- UPC Code:
- 99160-031: 883351739795
- 99160-032: 883351760072
- 99160-033: 883351760089
- Function: Single cylinder deadbolt
- Door Prep: 2-1/8 inches diameter face hole and 1-inch diameter latch hole
- Backset: Adjustable 2-3/8 inches or 2-3/4 inches
- Door Thickness: 1-3/8 to 2 inches automatic adjustment
- Cylinder: SmartKey Re-Key Technology
- Faceplates: 1 x 2-1/4 inches round corner standard
- Strikes: Round corner strike 2-3/4 x 2-1/8 inches
- Latch: Round corner adjustable 2-3/8 x 2-3/4 inches
- Bolt: 1" throw, steel deadbolt
- Door Handing: Reversible
- Power Supply: Requires 4 AA alkaline batteries (not included).
- Battery Life: Approx. 1 year
- Wireless Protocol: Zigbee HA Version 1.2 (backwards compatible with V1.0 devices)
- Frequency: 2.4 GHz
- Range: Up to 35 feet (10m) indoors and 250 feet (76m) outdoors*
- Approvals: FCC, IC
- Warranty: Lifetime mechanical and finish warranty; 1 year electronics warranty
»Kwikset SmartCode 916 Touchpad Electronic Deadbolt Installation Manual (.pdf)
»Kwikset SmartCode 916 Touchpad Programming and Troubleshooting Guide (.pdf)
»Kwikset SmartCode 916 Touchpad Electronic Deadbolt User Manual (.pdf)
»Kwikset SmartCode 916 Series Deadbolt Drilling Template (.pdf)
»Kwikset SmartKey ReKey Technology User Manual (.pdf)
»Kwikset Regulatory Compliance (.pdf)