FIBARO Z-Wave Plus Motion Sensor, Gen5
"Z-Wave Plus" Multi-Sensor Keeps a Smart Eye On Your Home
Monitor an array of conditions with a single device, the FIBARO Z-Wave Motion Sensor (Gen5, U.S.), an upgraded model over the original. Now with Z-Wave Plus certification, this Gen5 Motion Sensor is compatible with all major Z-Wave hubs and controllers. Like the previous version, the sensor is one of the smartest Z-Wave sensors you'll find. The four-in-one wireless multi-sensor serves as a PIR motion detector, light level sensor, temperature sensor, and vibration sensor (accelerometer).
- Detects motion, temperature, lighting level, and vibration
- LED "eye" changes colors to indicate different conditions
- Earthquake mode alerts you to slight vibrations
- Provides tamper and low-battery alerts
- Easy to install on a wall or any surface
- "Z-Wave Plus" certified for wide compatibility
Multicolor LED "Eye" Indicates Motion & Temperature
Unlike any other motion sensor on the market, the FIBARO Z-Wave Motion Sensor features a unique, multicolor LED "eye" that changes when different environmental conditions are detected. When motion is not present, the LED eye's color indicates the current temperature. By default, red/orange reflects heat, blue reflects coldness, and green reflects the normal range. You can choose which colors show for different conditions by customizing the sensor's settings.
Keep Track Of Loved Ones
If you install one FIBARO Motion Sensor on each side of your door, the sensors can tell you detailed information about a room's occupancy. You can see at a glance whether or not someone is in the room, and how many people have entered and exited. It's perfect for making sure your children are safe and sound when left home alone. You'll be able to know what time(s) he or she exited and returned, as well as the number of guests that were with him/her.
Receive Reminders When Area Is Vacant
No need to worry if you forgot to turn off the lights or lock the door before you left the house. The FIBARO Motion Sensor will talk to your Z-Wave network to take care of it for you. If the sensor detects vacancy in your home, or a specific room, it can automatically alert you to any Z-Wave connected devices that were accidentally left On/Off. The sensor can also automatically arm your security system, turn off the lights, lock your doors, close the windows, and adjust the thermostat, all while you're away. (Can only control devices integrated into your Z-Wave network.)
Easy To Install
About the size of a golf ball, the small, spherical motion sensor sits on a tabletop, or mounts to a wall or other flat surface with the included screw. Simply screw the small plastic bracket to the wall and then pop in the sensor. You can adjust the sensor up/down to achieve the perfect angle.
Z-Wave Plus Certification
Z-Wave Plus is an upgraded certification program to help you identify products that take advantage of the "Next Gen" Z-Wave hardware platform, also known as 500 Series or Gen5 Z-Wave. Z-Wave Plus certified solutions feature a selected set of extended features and capabilities that enhance your experience with faster and easier installation and setup. Z-Wave Plus advancements also provide longer battery life, faster operation, better wireless range and improved noise immunity.
- Motion Sensor
- Mounting Bracket
- Mounting Screw
- Padded Sticker
- Instruction Manual
NOTE: Requires a Z-Wave network controller.
Innovative Z-Wave Solutions By FIBARO
With multiple award-winning products, FIBARO has become one of the leading Z-Wave manufacturers in the home automation and security industries. The company has been lauded time and time again for bringing uniquely innovative Z-Wave solutions to people across the globe. Introduce your home to your imagination through FIBARO.
- Easy installation without drilling and cabling
- Has three (3) levels of sensitivity
- Sends movement and temperature notifications when connected with a Z-Wave system
- Compatible with any Z-Wave network controller; Integrates with any traditional alarm system
- Powered from a single battery that lasts up to 2 years
- Built-in Z-Wave network range tester is capable of remote firmware updates
- Manufacturer Part #: FGMS-001 ZW5
- Power Supply: CR123A battery (included), 3.6 VDC
- Recommended Installation Height: 7.87 feet (2.4m)
- Operational Temperature: 32° to 104°F (0° to 40°C)
- Measured Temperature Range: 4° to 212°F (-20 to 100°C)
- Temperature Measuring Accuracy: 0.5° Fahrenheit (within 32° to 104°F)
- Light Intensity Measuring Range: 0 to 32,000 LUX
- Radio Protocol: Z-Wave Plus
- Radio Frequency: 908.4 MHz U.S.
- Wireless Range: 154 feet (50 m) outdoors, up to 98 feet (30 m) indoors (depending on terrain / building structure)
- Certifications: Z-Wave, ISO 9001, RoHS, FCC, CE
- Warranty: 12 Months