FIBARO Z-Wave Plus Flood Sensor, Gen5
"Z-Wave Plus" Sensor Detects Leaks, Temperature & Tilt
Monitor areas in your home that are susceptible to water leaks, such as the water heater closet or bathroom, using the FIBARO Z-Wave Flood Sensor (Gen5, U.S.), upgraded over the original model. Now with Z-Wave Plus certification, this Gen5 Flood Sensor is compatible with all major Z-Wave hubs and controllers. Like the previous version, the sensor alerts you when moisture is detected, and it also features a temperature sensor and tilt sensor, so you can receive temperature and tamper alerts. When any one of these three conditions is triggered, the Flood Sensor illuminates its built-in LED, sounds a built-in siren, and sends an alarm signal to your Z-Wave network.
- Detects presence of water and rapid changes in temperature
- Built-in accelerometer detects tilt of more than 15 degrees
- Sounds siren, flashes LED, and sends alert to network when triggered
- Powered by battery and/or power adapter (optional backup)
- Built-in range tester indicates wireless signal strength
- "Z-Wave Plus" certified for wide compatibility
The FIBARO Z-Wave Flood Sensor offers a simple, yet versatile design for easy monitoring of any location. The single-piece unit senses conditions through three tiny gold metal probes on its bottom. These high-sensitivity probes can push into the unit, allowing the sensor to sit on an uneven surface. The sensor is also difficult to submerge, so if the monitored area floods with water, the unit will float and continue to report an alarm.
Input terminals allow you to connect a secondary external probe to the sensor, in case extended sensing range is needed. Additionally, output terminals let you wire the sensor directly into an alarm system. The sensor also features a unique built-in range tester, allowing you to place it in your desired location and test the wireless signal strength in relation to your Z-Wave controller.
Z-Wave Plus Certification
Z-Wave Plus is an upgraded certification program to help you identify products that take advantage of the "Next Gen" Z-Wave hardware platform, also known as 500 Series or Gen5 Z-Wave. Z-Wave Plus certified solutions feature a selected set of extended features and capabilities that enhance your experience with faster and easier installation and setup. Z-Wave Plus advancements also provide longer battery life, faster operation, better wireless range and improved noise immunity.
- Flood Sensor
- 9V Battery
- Instruction Manual
NOTE: Includes battery only. Optional power adapter sold separately. Requires a Z-Wave network controller.
Innovative Z-Wave Solutions By FIBARO
With multiple award-winning products, FIBARO has become one of the leading Z-Wave manufacturers in the home automation and security industries. The company has been lauded time and time again for bringing uniquely innovative Z-Wave solutions to people across the globe. Introduce your home to your imagination through FIBARO.
- Three 24 karat gold telescopic probes (for placement on uneven surfaces).
- Extremely easy installation – simply place on a surface prone to flooding.
- Battery or VDC powered.
- Built-In Z-Wave network range tester.
- Potential free output terminal.
- LED visual indicator.
- Alarm system integration.
- Manufacturer Part #: FGFS-101 ZW5
- Power Supply: 12-24 VDC
- Battery Type: 1x CR123A (3.6V) battery (included)
- Power Consumption: 0.4W at VDC operation
- Voltage at Output Terminals: 40V (AC or DC): – EMC 2004/108/EC
- Radio Protocol: Z-Wave Plus
- Radio Frequency: 908.4 MHz U.S.
- Wireless Range: up to 164 feet outdoors; up to 98 feet indoors (depending on terrain and building structure)
- Operational Temperature: 50° to 104°F
- Temperature Measuring Accuracy: 0.5° Fahrenheit (from 32° to 104°F)
- Dimensions: 2.8(Dia) x 1.1(H) inches
- Certifications: Z-Wave Plus
- Warranty: 12 months