Yale Wi-Fi & Bluetooth Assure Lock SL Key-Free Touchscreen Deadbolt
Slim Touchscreen Deadbolt Controlled With August App, No Keyhole
Prevent lock picking and easily secure your door without a key by replacing your old standard deadbolt with the Yale SL Key Free Touchscreen Deadbolt Assure Lock with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. This electronic, motorized deadbolt has a slim design, while offering a touch-capacitive keypad on the outside and a thumbturn on the inside. It comes with the Connected by August Kit, which includes the Connected by August Module, the August Connect Wi-Fi Bridge, and the DoorSense Sensor. You'll be able to lock or unlock your door remotely, share access, and see who comes and goes using the August mobile app (iOS and Android).
- Slim key-free deadbolt eliminates risk of lock picking/bumping
- Lock/unlock via August mobile app or numbered access code (lock with a tap)
- Illuminated touchscreen for nighttime code entry
- Give unique codes to friends and family
- Remove individual codes whenever you need to
- Easy to install, battery-powered with optional backup
- Voice assistance guides you through programming
- Weather-resistant keypad numbers won't wear off
- ANSI/BHMA Grade 2 for strong, reliable security
Unlock with August Mobile App
The August mobile app essentially transforms your smartphone into a key, allowing you to unlock your door as you approach it just by having your phone in your pocket. You'll also be able to have your lock automatically lock when the door is closed (after a set period of time).
Additionally, the August mobile app lets you check your lock's status any time and it will send you alerts whenever the status of your smart lock changes. If your door isn't securely closed and locked, the included DoorSense Sensor will let you know through the app. The small, discreet magnetic DoorSense Sensor surface-mounts onto your door frame, or flush-mounts into it. This allows it to detect whether or not the Smart Lock is near.
Other Ways to Lock/Unlock
Besides using the August mobile app, you can lock/unlock the door in other ways. To unlock the door, input your 4-8 digit code into the keypad. To lock it, give the touchscreen a tap. You can also lock/unlock your door using the thumbturn on the inside of the door.
Designed for use with most standard interior or exterior doors, the deadbolt installs on doors measuring 1-3/4 to 2-1/4 inches thick (1-3/8" requires special thin door gasket). All the necessary hardware (latch, strike, screws, etc.) is included, along with a template for door preparation and detailed instructions.
- Installs on a standard door 1-3/4 to 2-1/4 inches thick
- Adjustable latch fits existing backset of either 2-3/8" or 2-3/4"
- Suitable for right-handed or left-handed operation
- Motorized tapered deadbolt accommodates misaligned doors
- Rubber gasket increases protection from outdoor elements
The deadbolt is powered by four (4) AA batteries, which are included and should last for about one year. The Connected by August Network Module easily snaps in above the batteries. When the battery is low, or wrong codes are entered, or the lock is tampered with, an alert is triggered.
The August Connect Wi-Fi Bridge plugs into a power outlet near your Yale SL Key Free Touchscreen Deadbolt Assure Lock and connects to your home Wi-Fi network. The August Connect Bluetooth to WiFi bridge should be installed within 30 feet of your Yale Smart Lock; within 15 feet is recommended for optimal performance and reliability.
- SL Key Free Touchscreen Deadbolt Assure Lock
- Connected by August Module
- August Connect Wi-Fi Bridge
- DoorSense Sensor
- (4) AA Batteries
- Mounting Hardware
- Instruction Manual
- Requires a 802.11 b/g/n (2.4 GHz) Wi-Fi network connection and a Bluetooth Smart Ready Phone with the August Connect app (iOS or Android).
- The DoorSense Sensor must be installed.
Yale Real Living – Solutions For The Digital Home
As a residential product line under the Yale Security brand, the Yale Real Living series brings over a century of innovation to the digital home. Known for manufacturing top-quality deadbolts and leversets, Yale now offers lock hardware and other home security solutions fit for the modern, connected age.
Yale SL Key Free Touchscreen Deadbolt Assure Lock with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
- Manufacturer Part #:
- YRD256-CBA-0BP: Oil-Rubbed Bronze
- YRD256-CBA-605: Bright Brass
- YRD256-CBA-619: Satin Nickel
- YRD256-CBA-BSP: Black Suede
- YRD256-CBA-P05: Lifetime Brass
- YRD256-CBA-0BP (Oil-Rubbed Bronze): 081023044646
- YRD256-CBA-605 (Bright Brass): 081023044653
- YRD256-CBA-619 (Satin Nickel): 081023044639
- YRD256-CBA-BSP (Black Suede): 081023068109
- YRD256-CBA-P05 (Lifetime Brass): 081023092869
- Wireless Protocol: Wi-Fi – includes plug-in Connected by August Module
- Max. User Codes: Standalone: 25 user codes; With Network Module: 250 user codes; 4-8 digits each
- Keypad Type: Touchscreen
- Grade: Grade 2: A156.36 ANSI/BHMA
- Handing: Self handing (Please hand while in unlocked position)
- Batteries: 4 AA Alkaline Batteries (Included)
- Face Bore: 2-1/8"
- Edge Bore: 1"
- Backset: 2-3/8" or 2-3/4"
- Latch: Adjustable
- Latch Front: RC (Round Corner)
- Door Thickness: 1-3/4" to 2-1/4", 1-3/8" requires special thin door gasket
- Strike: 1-1/8" x 2-3/4"
- Strike Front: RC (Round Corner)
- Thumbturn: Yes
- Cylinder: N/A
- Keyway 1: N/A
- Number of Keys: 0
- Weight: 4.5 pounds
- Lock Dimensions:
- Exterior: 11/16 x 2-9/16 x 3-9/16 inches
- Interior: 3-3/4 x 3-1/8 x 6-3/4 inches
- Approvals: ANSI/BHMA Grade 2 – BHMA Certified
- Warranty: 1 Year for Electronics, Lifetime Limited for Finish/Mechanical
August Connect Wi-Fi Bridge
- Standards: Bluetooth Specification v4.0 (Bluetooth Smart), 2.4GHz 802.11 (b/g/n) Wi-Fi
- Power Requirement: 100-240V – 50-60Hz 0.1A – Standard North American Power Outlet
- Dimensions: 2.36(H) x 2.36(W) x 1.54(L) inches
- Weight: 2.9 ounces
- Warranty: 1-Year Limited