Yale Apple iM1 HomeKit Module
Enable HomeKit Compatibility for Your Yale Assure Lock
Control your Yale Assure Lock from your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch by integrating it into your Apple HomeKit system with the Apple iM1 HomeKit Module (lock sold separately). This simple add-on module plugs into the lock in the same compartment as the batteries. By enabling HomeKit compatibility, it provides compatibility with Apple's Home app, adding smart, wireless capabilities for your lock, such as locking/unlocking via the Home App on your iOS device, commanding the lock by talking to Siri, or managing the lock through your Apple TV.
Once paired with your Home app, your HomeKit-enabled lock gains additional features:
- Lock/unlock remotely via Apple iOS devices (iPhone, Apple TV, etc.)
- Max. number of user codes increases from 25 to 250
- Create codes, view access history, and adjust settings via mobile app
- History log shows when family/friends come and go in real time
- Trigger other HomeKit-compatible devices upon valid/invalid code entries
- Privacy mode locks out all users for enhanced security
After installing the module into your Yale Assure Lock, configure it from the free Yale Secure app with just a few simple steps. You can even create your own custom scenes to control your home settings. For example, you can create a scene to automatically turn off the lights, lock your doors, close the garage door, and set the thermostat to the desired temperature in just one step.
- iM1 HomeKit Module
- Requires use with a compatible Yale Assure Lock (YRD256 or YRD246) and an iPhone, iPad or iPod touch with iOS 10.3 or later.
- To control your HomeKit-enabled lock remotely, you need an Apple TV with tvOS 10.2 or later, or an iPad with iOS 10.3 or later, set up as a home hub, meaning it remains in your home, powered, and connected to your home network (Wi-Fi).
- Only one module can be used per lock. If your lock already has a module installed, you can only add this module by removing your existing module.
Yale Real Living – Solutions for the Digital Home
As a residential product line under the Yale Security brand, the Yale Real Living series brings over a century of innovation to the digital home. Known for manufacturing top-quality deadbolts and leversets, Yale now offers lock hardware and other home security solutions fit for the modern, connected age.
- Manufacturer Part #: AYR202-IM1-USA