Yale Assure Lock SL Key Free Touchscreen Deadbolt with iM1 HomeKit Module
HomeKit-Compatible Deadbolt With Slim Touchscreen, No Keyhole
Lock/unlock your door using Apple devices, prevent lock picking, and easily secure your door without a key by replacing your old standard deadbolt with the Yale Assure Lock SL Key Free Touchscreen Deadbolt with iM1 HomeKit Module. This electronic, motorized deadbolt features a slim design, while offering a touch-capacitive keypad on the outside and a thumbturn on the inside. To unlock the door, input your 4-8 digit code into the keypad, or turn the indoor thumbturn. To lock it, give the touchscreen a tap, or use the thumbturn.
As a no-cylinder "key-free" model, the deadbolt prevents lock picking or bumping. Plus, by integrating this Apple HomeKit-compatible lock into your HomeKit system (optional), you can make your home even smarter with wireless capabilities, such as locking/unlocking via the Apple Home App on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch, commanding the lock by talking to Siri, or managing the lock through your Apple TV. (If Z-Wave or Bluetooth compatibility is desired instead of HomeKit, alternatively purchase a Z-Wave and/or Bluetooth compatible Yale lock, sold separately.)
- Slim key-free deadbolt eliminates risk of lock picking/bumping
- Lock/unlock via Apple iOS app, Siri, or numbered access code (lock with a tap)
- Illuminated touchscreen for nighttime code entry
- Give unique codes to friends and family
- Remove individual codes whenever you need to
- Easy to install, battery-powered with optional backup
- Voice assistance guides you through programming
- Weather-resistant keypad numbers won't wear off
- ANSI/BHMA Grade 2 for strong, reliable security
This Yale Assure Lock SL comes with an optional iM1 HomeKit Module, allowing compatibility with Apple's Home app for HomeKit-compatible accessories. Once paired with your Home app, the HomeKit-enabled deadbolt gains additional features:
- Lock/unlock deadbolt remotely via Apple iOS devices (iPhone, Apple TV, etc.)
- Max. number of user codes increases from 25 to 250
- Create codes, view access history, and adjust settings via mobile app
- History log shows when family/friends come and go in real time
- Trigger other HomeKit-compatible devices upon valid/invalid code entries
- Privacy mode locks out all users for enhanced security
Designed for use with most standard interior or exterior doors, the deadbolt installs on doors measuring 1-3/4 to 2-1/4 inches thick (1-3/8" requires special thin door gasket). It also features a tapered bolt to accommodate misaligned doors. All the necessary hardware (latch, strike, screws, etc.) is included, along with a template for door preparation and detailed instructions.
- Installs on a standard door 1-3/4 to 2-1/4 inches thick
- Adjustable latch fits existing backset of either 2-3/8" or 2-3/4"
- Suitable for right-handed or left-handed operation
- Motorized tapered deadbolt accommodates misaligned doors
- Rubber gasket increases protection from outdoor elements
The deadbolt is primarily powered by four (4) AA batteries, which are included and should last for about one year. You may additionally install a 9-volt battery (not included) for backup power. The HomeKit Module easily snaps in above the batteries. When the battery is low or the lock is tampered with, an alert is triggered.
Programming is accomplished either at the lock via the touchscreen, or through the app on your Apple iOS device (the Yale Secure App and/or the Apple Home App). This touchscreen model provides voice-assisted programming to help you through the setup process. Voice assistance is available in three languages – English, Spanish, French – and has adjustable volume.
- Assure Lock SL Key Free Touchscreen Deadbolt
- iM1 HomeKit Module, Plug-In
- (4) AA Batteries
- Mounting Hardware
- Instruction Manual
- Optional HomeKit integration requires an iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch running iOS 10.3 or later to support the Yale Secure App and the Apple Home App.
- To control the HomeKit lock remotely, you need an Apple TV with tvOS 10.2 or later, or an iPad with iOS 10.3 or later, set up as a home hub, meaning it remains in your home, powered, and connected to your home network (Wi-Fi).
Yale Real Living – Solutions for the Digital Home
As a residential product line under the Yale Security brand, the Yale Real Living series brings over a century of innovation to the digital home. Known for manufacturing top-quality deadbolts and leversets, Yale now offers lock hardware and other home security solutions fit for the modern, connected age.
- Manufacturer Part #:
- Bright Brass: YRD256-iM1-605
- Oil-Rubbed Bronze: YRD256-iM1-0BP
- Satin Nickel: YRD256-iM1-619
- Protocol: Apple HomeKit – includes plug-in Network Module
- Max. User Codes: Standalone: 25 user codes; With Network Module: 250 user codes; 4-8 digits each
- Keypad Type: Touchscreen
- Grade: Grade 2: A156.36 ANSI/BHMA
- Handing: Self handing (Please hand while in unlocked position)
- Batteries: 4 AA Alkaline Batteries (Included)
- Face Bore: 2-1/8"
- Edge Bore: 1"
- Backset: 2-3/8" or 2-3/4"
- Latch: Adjustable
- Latch Front: RC (Round Corner)
- Door Thickness: 1-3/4" to 2-1/4", 1-3/8" requires special thin door gasket
- Strike: 1-1/8" x 2-3/4"
- Strike Front: RC (Round Corner)
- Thumbturn: Yes
- Cylinder: N/A
- Keyway 1: N/A
- Number of Keys: 0
- Weight: 4.5 pounds
- Lock Dimensions:
- Exterior: 11/16 x 2-9/16 x 3-9/16 inches
- Interior: 3-3/4 x 3-1/8 x 6-3/4 inches
- Approvals: FCC/IC, ANSI/BHMA Grade 2 – BHMA Certified
- Warranty: 1 Year for Electronics, Lifetime Limited for Finish/Mechanical