Speco AA1 a-live Amplifier & Streamer
Simple & Elegant Wi-Fi Home Audio System
Extend your a-live™ Audio System into a small-sized room with the Speco AA1 a-live Amplifier & Streamer. As one of the two mix-and-match components that make up the a-live Multi-Room Audio System, this Speco AA1 home audio distribution amplifier and streamer connects directly to a pair of wire-in speakers (sold separately) and works with a free mobile app, so you can stream audio from digital sources, such as online streaming services like Spotify, music stored on your smartphone, and other digital devices.
The Speco AA1 home audio distribution amplifier and streamer is a simple way to build a sophisticated home audio distribution system. Just add the speakers.
Connect up to 12 a-live units total to your home network and enjoy home audio in up to 12 zones of your home. Then control it all in one place using the free a-live™ App for iOS and Android.
- 1 of 2 mix-and-match Wi-Fi components that make up the a-live Audio System
- AA1 model ideal for small rooms; saves space where a larger amp is not needed
- Connects to 8-Ohm speakers to stream audio from digital streaming services
- Uses Wi-Fi to stream audio from Spotify, iHeartRadio, Tidal, TuneIn, and more
- Can play stored audio on your device (smartphone/tablet), a USB drive, or a NAS
- Easy to control with the free a-live™ App for iOS/Android
- 3 knobs allow local control of 1) Volume, 2) Treble, and 3) Bass
- Links with up to 11 additional a-live units in a single installation (12 units total)
- Integrated mounting bracket allows optional mounting
a-live™ Multi-Room Audio Streaming System
Enjoy a simply sophisticated Wi-Fi home audio system with a-live™ by Speco Technologies. The a-live multi-room audio distribution/streaming system is based on a free mobile app (iOS and Android) that lets you stream audio to up to 12 zones (units) in your home, in any combination of zones. You can stream the same music to all zones at once, or play different music in different zones. You can even set your favorite playlist music as a personal alarm clock for your individual room (zone).
The app allows music streaming from some of the most popular streaming services, such as Spotify, iHeartRadio, Tidal, TuneIn, and more. You can also stream music stored on your device (smartphone/tablet), a USB drive, or a NAS. Additionally, physical inputs on the AA1/AS1 units allow using a Windows PC as a line input (listen to iTunes, Spotify Connect, Foobar2000, etc.).
a-live™ Consists of 2 Hardware Units
Up to 12 of the two different a-live™ units (AS1 and AA1) can be mixed-and-matched throughout your home to create a complete, whole-home audio system in up to 12 zones (just add speakers):
- A-Live Streamer (AS1, sold separately): The AS1 Streamer is the large room solution. It's a Wi-Fi digital source unit that connects to any 70V or 8-Ohm wire-in amplifier to serve as a source for that amplifier and any connected speakers. It's ideal for mid-sized to large living areas, such as a large family room, where ample space calls for a separate, more powerful amplifier that can support more than two (2) speakers. (The Streamer does not have knobs for local control of volume, treble, and bass the way the AA1 Amp unit does. Local controls should be provided by your connected amplifier, not included.)
- A-Live Amplifier & Streamer (AA1, included): The AA1 Amplifier is the small room solution. It has all the features of the AS1 Streamer, plus a built-in Class D digital amplifier (2 x 80W 8 Ohm). Instead of connecting to a separate amp, it connects directly with one pair of wire-in 8-Ohm speakers. With its built-in amp, the AA1 is perfect for small rooms, such as a child's bedroom or a bathroom, where a more powerful amp is not needed and/or the room has only two (2) speakers. Unlike the other unit (the AS1 Streamer), the AA1 Amp provides three knobs that allow local control of 1) Volume, 2) Treble, and 3) Bass.
Both units have a variety of inputs and outputs. Each unit also has an integrated mounting bracket and includes two RCA audio cables for physical audio source connections.
How to Enjoy a-live™ Audio
With the a-live™ App, you can control your entire a-live audio system. View and manage every a-live unit (AA1/AS1) in your home, group and ungroup units/speakers, manage your favorite music stations/streaming services, select presets, adjust volume, skip tracks, and more.
You can stream the same music to all zones or different music to different zones, no matter if the music is from local storage like cell phone memory, NAS, USB flash disk and hard disk, or from online streaming services.
The Speco AA1 home audio distribution amplifier and streamer plugs into a power outlet with the included power supply and wirelessly connects to your Wi-Fi router via built-in Wi-Fi. Alternatively, you can use a wired LAN connection for reliable streaming in Wi-Fi saturated areas (Ethernet cable not included). An integrated mounting bracket allows optional mounting to a wall or other flat surface.
A high-speed Internet connection is required and you must install the a-live™ App for iOS/Android onto your mobile device. Once the Speco AA1 home audio distribution amplifier and streamer is connected to your network, you can stream digital music to your connected speakers (not included).
The Speco AA1 home audio distribution amplifier and streamer is primarily designed for use with a single pair of 8-Ohm third-party speakers (left/right, sold separately), which wire into the phoenix connectors on the back of the unit using speaker wire (14-2 to 18-2 gauge). The Speco AA1 home audio distribution amplifier and streamer also provides a subwoofer output for optional connection to a subwoofer.
- a-live™ Amplifier & Streamer (AA1)
- Power Supply
- (2) RCA Cables
- (2) Antennas
- Quick Start Guide
NOTE: Speco AA1 home audio distribution amplifier and streamer requires a high-speed Internet connection and either a mobile device running iOS 8.0+ or Android 4.1+ or a computer. Must be connected to speakers, not included.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Speco Technologies products are not available to ship outside the U.S. Please contact Speco Technologies directly for international orders.
For over 45 years, SPECO Technologies has been dedicated to providing the highest quality residential and commercial sound, security, CCTV closed circuit video and electronic accessories. Contractors, installers, builders, engineers and architects rely on Speco products to satisfy both their commercial and residential needs.
- 2x80W Amplifier for use with a-live™ app
- Link up to 12 a-live™ units in a single installation
- Stream same or different music from popular services to all zones
- Also stream via RCA/USB/Optical/Coax/Wireless or files on mobile device
- ESS Sabre HiFi DAC
- Line and Sub outputs
- Class-D amplification
- Set your favorite playlist music as an alarm clock
- LAN connection for streaming in Wi-Fi saturated areas
- Decoding up to 24 bit, 192KHz
- Manufacturer Part #: AA1
- Amplifier Output: 2 x 80W Max
- Amplifier Impedance: 4-16 Ohms
- Wireless Network: IEEE802.11 b/g/n 2.4G
- LAN: Single 10/100M RJ45
- Frequency Response: 20Hz to 20KHz
- Power Input: DC 32V, 5A
- Audio Source Input: USB 2.0, Coaxial, Analog RCA, Optical(2.1)
- Audio Source Output: Analog RCA
- Music Format: MP3/AAC/AAC+/ALAC/APE/WAV
- Decoding: Up to 24bit/192KHz
- Treble: Yes
- Bass: Yes
- Volume Knob: Yes
- Dimensions: 6.25(L) x 5.75(W) x 1.6(H) inches
- Weight: 1.2 pounds
- Approvals: FCC, CE, RoHS
- Wi-Fi / Internet Router
- 8-Ohm Speakers (pair)
- 14-2 to 18-2 Speaker Wire
- Small-head (eyeglass type) Screwdriver
- Mobile device or Computer
a-live™ App Requirements
- iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Android 4.1 and up.