Seco-Larm Magnetic Door Holder
Remotely Control Door Release & Closing
Designed for use with a UL-listed Seco-Larm door closer (sold separately), the Seco-Larm Magnetic Door Holder allows you to remotely control the release and closing of the door. Keep your door open all day with the door holder making sure it stays open, then when you're ready to close up, activate the door closer and the door holder will automatically release at the same time.
The unit consists of two main components: 1) the electrified magnetic door holder that mounts to the wall behind your door, and 2) the armature plate that mounts onto the inside of your door in alignment with the magnet. When the door is opened all the way, the metal plate on the door is attracted to the electrified magnet on the wall, holding the door open.
- Used with Seco-Larm door closers to control door release and closing
- Provides 33 pounds of electromagnetic holding force (15kg)
- No residual magnetism allows easy release; fail-safe operation
- Low profile design with cast aluminum faceplate
- 3 voltages: 12/24 VAC/VDC, and 120VAC
- Built-in voltage spike suppressor
Available Types: Surface-Mount or Flush-Mount
Two models are available. Choose between a magnetic door holder that surface-mounts onto the wall or one that flush-mounts into the wall. Both models come with all the mounting hardware you need. The armature plate is adjustable to make installation easy on any door and also adjusts to accommodate post-installation alignment changes. The unit features tri-volt coils (12/24 VAC/VDC, and 120VAC) and a built-in spike suppressor.
The unit works with any Ul-listed Seco-Larm door closers. It also optionally works with Seco-Larm extension bars: 1/2", 3/4", 1", 2", 3", 4", 5", 6", 7" (13mm, 19mm, 25mm, 50mm, 76mm, 102mm, 127mm, 152mm, 178mm).
- Magnetic Door Holder
- Armature Plate
- Back Box (DH-151SQ Surface-Mount model only)
- (2) #10x11/4" Wood Screws
- (4) 4x8 Machine Screws
- (2) 3x10 Machine Screws
- (2) 5x15 Machine Screws
- (2) Jumpers
- Instruction Manual
NOTE: Requires a Seco-Larm door closer, sold separately.
Building A Secure Future Since 1971
So many places and things to protect; so many ways to protect them; one partner: Seco-Larm. Home Controls offers an impressive line of Seco-Larm security products, ranging from simple switches to some of the most sophisticated alarm devices. Whether it's physical security, CCTV, access control, RF equipment, or vehicle security, Seco-Larm is the premier choice. Seco-Larm gives its customers an extensive range of dependable, cost-effective security products with a full program of service and support.
- Manufacturer Part #:
- Surface-Mount: DH-151SQ
- Flush-Mount: DH-171SQ
- Operating Voltage: 12/24 VAC/VDC, 120VAC
- Current Draw:
- 52mA at 12VAC, 60mA at 12VDC
- 27mA at 24VAC, 31m at 24VDC
- 24mA at 120VAC
- Holding Force: 33 pounds (15kg)
- Magnet Dimensions:
- Surface-Mount: 2-3/4 x 4-9/16 x 3 inches (70 x 116.5 x 76 mm)
- Flush-Mount: 2-3/4 x 4-9/16 x 2-1/16 inches (70 x 116.5 x 52 mm)
- Armature Dimensions: 2-9/16 x 2-9/16 x 1-9/16 inches (65 x 65 x 40 mm)
- Magnet Box Weight:
- Surface-Mount: 1 pound 6.4 ounces (635g)
- Flush-Mount: 1 pound 1.5 ounces (496g)
- Door Armature Weight: 8.1 ounces (230g)
- Approvals: UL, CE, RoHS
- Warranty: 2 Years