Russound BSK-2 Bluetooth Source Kit
DEALER ONLY ITEM: Not Available Directly To End Users.
Dealers, log on to see pricing. »Sign up to become an authorized installer.
Add Multiple Bluetooth Audio Sources to Your Russound System
Add multiple Bluetooth audio sources to a single audio system with the Russound BSK-2 Bluetooth Source Kit! This Bluetooth audio streaming kit includes the BTC-2 Audio Hub and a BTC-2X Remote Transceiver that together add one wired and one Bluetooth audio source, with the potential to network up to 8 Bluetooth audio sources, to a single Russound or 3rd party home audio systems. The BTC-2 Audio Hub adds one analog input and one Bluetooth audio input to a connected amplifier or receiver. The BTC-2 Audio Hub supports RCA analog and optical digital outputs for increased connection versatility. The BTC-2X is a Bluetooth transceiver that enables a Russound or 3rd party amplifier or audio receiver to play Bluetooth audio sources. The BSK-2 provides Russound MCA-66 or MCA-88 amplifiers unrivaled Bluetooth range via an exclusive PoE connection that supports Cat5 cables up to 500 ft long to allow you to place a Bluetooth audio connection nearly anywhere you wish within your home.
- Bluetooth 5.1 audio transceiver kit provides additional audio sources to a Russound or 3rd party amplifier or receiver
- Bluetooth range up to 65' (20m) indoors and up to 195' (60m) outdoors
- BTC-2 audio hub provides 1 wired and 1 Bluetooth audio source to a Russound or 3rd party amplifier or receiver
- BTC-2X connects to Russound MCA-66 or MCA-88 amplifiers via PoE connection or 3rd party audio amplifiers with 3.5mm cable
- PoE connection compatible with Cat5e cables up to 500 ft
- Potential network configuration can network up to 8 Bluetooth audio sources with additional BTC-2 devices, additional units sold separately
- Two pairing modes: Automatic pairing for common usage and Manual pairing for restricted pairing access
- Optional contact closure relay connection to enable remote manual pairing
- Delivers audio metadata to Russound app or Russound displays and allows local control from Russound keypads or touchscreens
- RNET connection via compatible Russound controller and BTC-2 Audio Hub allows for up to 8 Bluetooth receiver pairings per system
The BSK-2 Bluetooth Source Kit can network up to 8 Bluetooth audio sources to a single Russound MCA-66 or MCA-88 amplifier through the RNET link connections. Each BTC-2 Audio Hub has a dedicated input for one BTC-2X Audio transceiver and RNET Input/Outputs to network additional BTC-2 units. One BTC-2 unit must be connected to a Russound MCA series Amplifier via RNET connection to anchor the connection through networked BTC-2 and BTC-2X devices.
The BSK-2 offers a helpful input saver design that allows you to instantly switch between a wired audio input and a Bluetooth audio input connected to the BTC-2 Audio Hub. If a wired audio source connected to the BTC-2 hub is active, it will be recognized as the primary audio input until a Bluetooth audio source connected to the system amplifier is activated. Whenever an active Bluetooth audio signal is detected, the BSK-2 will trigger the connected amplifier to automatically switch to the Bluetooth input. When the Bluetooth audio signal stops, the amplifier and the BTC-2 will automatically switch back to the wired audio source.
Additionally, the BTC-2X can use a contact closure connection to create a unique remote pairing control option. By connecting the BTC-2X to either a contact closure compatible control system or to a local pushbutton or keypad, the Bluetooth transceiver can be triggered to remotely activate/deactivate its manual pairing mode to give you control when you wish to have Bluetooth connectivity available for your audio system.
The BTC-2 and BTC-2X can be placed atop a flat surface, mounted to a wall, or mounted inside a cabinet or media enclosure with their convenient keyhole mounting slots. The BTC-2 is powered by a plug-in power supply. If a BTC-2X is connected to both the BTC-2 and a Russound MCA-series amplifier, the BTC-2X will be powered via PoE connection.
When added to a 3rd party amplifier or home audio setup, the BTC-2X connects via 3.5mm cable and is powered via micro USB and an included power supply. When added to a Russound home audio system with a MCA-Series controller or amplifier, the BTC-2X utilizes a PoE connection to minimize the amount of wires and to deliver higher quality audio from paired Bluetooth devices.
- BTC-2 Audio Hub
- BTC-2X Bluetooth Remote Transceiver
- (2) MicroUSB cables
- (2) Power Supply
NOTE: 3.5mm cable not included. Cat5 Ethernet cable not included.
Russound Brings Engineered Innovation and Extraordinary Sound
The Russound name is synonymous with audio quality around the world. Russound delivers a complete range of multiroom audio systems, source equipment, volume controls, amplifiers, loudspeakers and intercom systems. Every audio device from Russound has been manufactured to fulfill the ideal listening experience of any user – from background music listening to premium performance in your favorite listening areas at home. Russound remains dedicated to providing its dealers and customers with the right products for their desired audio needs.
- Manufacturer Part #: BSK-2
- UPC: 612934853708
- RJ-45, 3.5mm Audio Out, Remote Pairing
- Stereo RCA Input/Output, Toslink
- Digital Output, Remote Pairing
- Max Cat5 Cable Length: 500' (152m)
- Audio Out: RCA Stereo Analog and Toslink Digital Optical
- Power Requirements: 5VDC microUSB (100-240VAC Power Supply Included)
- Dimensions: 6.5 L x 4.6 W x 1 H inches (16.51 x 4.6 x 2.54 cm)
- Weight: 0.8 lbs (.14 kg)
- Bluetooth Version: 5.1
- Indoors: Up to 65' (20m)
- Outdoors: Up to 195' (60m)
- Connections: RJ-45, 3.5mm Audio Out, Remote Pairing
- Max Cat5 Cable Length: 500' (152m)
- Pairing Modes: Automatic, Manual, and Contact Closure
- Audio Out: 3.5mm Analog Stereo Out (Cable Not Included)
- Power Requirements:
- Standalone Operation 5VDC microUSB (110-220VAC Power Supply Included)
- Working with BTC-2 or MCA Controller Power Supplied by BTC-2 or MCA Controller via Cat5/6 Cable Connection (Not Included)
- Dimensions: 3.375" L x 2.25" W x 1.13" H (8.6 x 5.7 x 2.9 cm)
- Weight: 0.3 lbs (.14 kg)
- Warranty: 2 years