Platinum Tools ToneMaster High Power Tone Generator with ABN Clips
Trace Cables the Easy Way
Easily trace and identify cable locations through walls and enclosures with the Platinum Tools ToneMaster High Power Tone Generator with ABN Clips. This high powered tone generator offers 700% more power than other standard tone generators. It works with amplifier probes (sold separately) to trace cables through walls with multiple tones and power levels suited for network, signal wire, coax, and telephone cable applications. It features four tone amplitude levels, which include normal, half, high-powered normal, and high-powered half. It also comes with three different modes: status, tone, and continuity.
- Works with probes to trace cables through walls with multiple tones and power levels
- Has 700% more power than standard tone generators
- Comes with molded-in angled bed-of-nails (ABN) clips
- RJ jack allows use of modular cable without adapters
- Auto-off functionality to conserve battery output
- Tone Generator with ABN Clips
NOTE: Requires an amplifier probe (sold separately).
Platinum Tools Makes Connections Easy!
Founded in 1997, Platinum Tools was created based upon two very simple objectives. First, develop and source the absolute best possible solutions for the preparation, installation and hand termination of wire and cable. Second, implement an operational infrastructure that can deliver these products in an efficient, timely and high quality manner. All of their products absolutely must satisfy three critical benchmark criteria – utility of function, quality of function and economic value.
- Half amplitude is unbalanced for stronger tone on twisted pairs
- Constant Amplitude tone over life of battery for 100% tone strength all the time
- Tone may be added in any mode – allows phone sets without monitor feature to pick up tone
- No power draw in continuity mode with leads open – no dead battery if left in continuity
- Polarity indicator for phone lines
- Use as Talk Battery to test dry phone (unpowered) lines
- Manufacturer Part #: TG220C
- UPC: 849160008958
- Tone Frequencies:
- Dual 1,165 Hz and 874 Hz
- Two single tones 1,165 Hz and 874 Hz
- Tone Power:
- Typical (into 600Ω, new battery to 5.0 V)
- LO 3.6 dBm
- HI 9.3 dBm
- Status: DC 60 V, continuous, AC 300 V peak, 2 secs
- Continuity (into 600Ω): DC 52 V
- Tone Mode: 250 DC or peak AC volts
- Electrical Battery Life: Time is for the full capacity of the battery used continuously (one 9 V Alkaline, 540 mA-hr, not included): 120 hrs, typical