NuTone KNOCK Smart Video Doorbell Camera
Smart Wi-Fi Doorbell with Motion-Activated Camera
See and speak to visitors from anywhere through your smartphone or tablet by replacing your old doorbell with the NuTone KNOCK Smart Video Doorbell Camera. Featuring a motion-sensing video camera and a two-way mic/speaker, as well as a doorbell pushbutton, this smart Wi-Fi doorbell triggers notifications on your Apple iOS or Android mobile device through the free NuTone Knock app. When you have a visitor, choose to either answer or ignore their call. By answering, you immediately begin a video voice call with your visitor. You can also record video or take still snapshots on demand.
- See and speak to visitors with HD video camera and two-way audio
- Motion sensor or pushbutton triggers alerts on free app for iOS and Android
- Connects to existing doorbell wiring for easy installation
- Weatherproof (IP65) to protect against dust and water
- Rated for temperatures as low as -22°F and as high as 122°F
Not only is this smart video doorbell camera useful for answering your door remotely, it also helps enhance your home security. If a package is stolen off your porch, for example, the motion-activated camera will have potentially taken the thief's photo and/or recorded them on video.
High-Definition Video Camera with Motion-Sensing & Night Vision
The NuTone KNOCK's 720p HD video camera makes it easy to see your entire entry area day or night, featuring a 180-degree view and night vision for low light conditions. A built-in motion sensor allows you to receive automatic mobile alerts when a visitor approaches the door. To prevent annoying false alerts, the sensor uses heat detection to detect people, while ignoring falling leaves, rain, and other non-human moving objects. You also have the option to block high-traffic areas from view, such as the sidewalk or street, to further reduce false motion alerts.
Automatically Keeps a Record of Visitors
In addition to enabling live video chats with visitors, the smart video doorbell camera automatically saves a snapshot to your mobile device, along with a time/date stamp, whenever the NuTone KNOCK button is pressed, and it gives you the option to record video or take snapshots on demand through the app.
Furthermore, you can optionally sign up for a paid subscription ($3 monthly or $30 annual fee) for NuTone's video cloud storage service. This allows your smart video doorbell camera to automatically save video to the cloud, in addition to photos saved on your mobile device, whenever motion is detected or the button is pressed.
Designed for easy installation, the smart video doorbell camera can connect to your traditional doorbell's existing wiring (requires 8-20 VAC voltage) and mechanical chime (not compatible with electronic chimes). It can trigger indoor alerts at your existing mechanical chime box if desired. You also have the option of purchasing the NuTone Wi-Fi Chime (LA227WH, sold separately) if you don't have an existing mechanical chime for indoor alerts, or you want to hear indoor chimes at an additional location in your home.
Feedback from the smart video doorbell camera guides you through the installation process, so there's no need to find or replace the transformer. Also, the smart video doorbell camera will tell you if your transformer voltage is too low.
The smart video doorbell camera communicates with the NuTone Knock mobile app (iOS and Android) by connecting to your home Internet via Wi-Fi (2.4GHz network). Once connected, alerts can be received on up to four (4) smartphones or tablets.
- Smart Doorbell Camera
- Mounting Plate
- (3) Phillips Screws
- (3) Anchors
- Torx Screw
- Torx Wrench
- (2) Diodes for Chime Box
- Installation Manual
- Requires wired power connection with 8-20 VAC voltage. Not compatible with electronic chime boxes, only mechanical chime boxes.
- Requires Wi-Fi connection and use with at least one iOS or Android mobile device with the free NuTone Knock app downloaded. App requires Android version 4.2 or later, or iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch.
- Optional video cloud storage service requires a paid subscription ($3 monthly or $30 annual fee). Photo storage is included for free without any subscription.
The NuTone Difference
Decorative accents have never been in higher demand and NuTone Door Chimes offer a wide selection to complement your style. NuTone is the right choice in chimes and pushbuttons – from Contemporary to Traditional styles, musical, portable chimes or wireless – the choice is yours.
- Manufacturer Part #: DCAM100
- Dimensions: 5.5(H) x 1.9(W) x 1.0(D) inches
- Approvals: FCC/IC
- Warranty: 1-Year Limited
- IP65 Waterproof: Yes
- Over-the-Air Firmware Upgrades: Yes
- Housing: Black plastic with Satin Nickel decorative ring
- UV Protection: Yes
- Operating Environment: -22° to 122°F (-30° to 50°C)
- Lighted Pushbutton: Yes – Green and Red
- Wi-Fi 802.11: Yes
- Compatibility: Mechanical Chimes and LA227WH only
- Mounting & Electrical Hardware Included: Yes
- Surface-Mount Installation: Yes – Fits most wood, stucco, brick, vinyl, or aluminum siding
- Transformer: Class 2 UL
- Voltage: 8-20 VAC
- Hz: 60 Hz
- Watts: 10W