Luxul Epic Mesh Node
DEALER ONLY ITEM: Not Available Directly to End Users.
Dealers, log on to see pricing. »Sign up to become an authorized installer.
Eliminate Wi-Fi Dead Zones With An Expandable Wireless System
Expand the reach of your Wi-Fi network with the Luxul Epic Mesh Node. This Wi-Fi mesh router can be used as the router for a new mesh network, or as an additional node to an existing mesh network. The Epic Mesh Node can transmit data at speeds up to 1Gbps via Wi-Fi or wired connections. Powerful 4x4 5GHz dedicated backhaul channel ensures strong connectivity to deliver fast Internet anywhere in the home.
- Wi-Fi mesh node acts as network router or as satellite access point for expandable wireless mesh networks
- Delivers Wi-Fi connection speeds up to 600Mbps @ 2.4MHz, or up 1Gbps @ 5GHz
- Delivers wired connection speeds up to 1Gbps
- Two (2) ethernet ports for wired connections to devices, other nodes, or ISP modem
- Antenna array design allows for 2x2 for users and dedicated 4x4 for a faster, more reliable backhaul communication between nodes
- Supports up to 4 SSIDs per band for a total of 8 SSIDs
- Compatible with Luxul Easy Setup App for fast install via Bluetooth
- ProWatch compatibility enables remote monitoring and control of this device and devices connected to the router
Luxul networking products deliver reliable, high performance solutions. This network transmission device can be configured as a router or wireless node for mesh networks. Each node in the network is able to communicate with other nodes, forming a point-to-point mesh.
What is the difference between Mesh Routers and Traditional Routers?
Mesh routers are designed to deliver Wi-Fi coverage across larger areas beyond what a single traditional router can do by broadcasting Wi-Fi from multiple devices.
If you have a large property that features any of the following you probably regularly encounter Wi-Fi dead zones:
- Over 3,000 square feet
- Buildings with three or more stories
- Interior brick or metal walls
- Unusual building layouts
Unlike standard routers, which emit Wi-Fi signals from a single device, mesh routers use two or more connected devices to simultaneously broadcast Wi-Fi signals from multiple sources, allowing for wider wireless networks with fewer dead zones. Mesh router devices, or nodes, act as separate access points in your home that all operate on the same Wi-Fi network, which eliminates signal interference from competing transmissions.
Traditional routers that cannot cover an entire property often rely on Wi-Fi range extenders to boost the reach of their transmissions. However range extenders create separate Wi-Fi networks that require automatic or manual reconnection as remote wireless devices enter and leave their area. Mesh networks don't require constant reconnection, as all nodes emit the same Wi-Fi network.
The primary node links to a modem and acts as the router, while additional nodes receive wireless signals and rebroadcast them as if they were the primary node. The blanket coverage that mesh networks provide eliminates the worry of router placement and signal degradation.
Luxul ProWatch Provides Off-Site Monitoring
ProWatch is a free cloud management solution that provides app-based remote monitoring and management of your network devices from anywhere with an Internet connection. ProWatch consists of three classifications: ProWatch Enabled, ProWatch Integrated, and ProWatch+.
- ProWatch Enabled products are designed with ProWatch compatibility to provide remote access and monitoring of the device, deliver alert notifications and firmware updates, and allow for remote rebooting of the device.
- ProWatch Integrated products are devices that have been added into a ProWatch connected network and are capable of reporting information to the network.
- ProWatch+ products allow non-ProWatch enabled devices to be controlled remotely and report information as if they were native ProWatch Enabled devices.
As a ProWatch Enabled and ProWatch+ device, this device allows for remote monitoring of networks, either local or remote, and devices connected to the network, as well as allowing for remote reboots, power cycling, firmware updates, and notification delivery.
The Epic Mesh Node plugs into a standard wall outlet and connects to an ISP modem with the included Ethernet cable. Setup is simple and fast with the Luxul Easy Setup App for iOS and Android smartphones. The Luxul Easy Setup App is used to define how the device will be used: router or node. The Epic Mesh Node's settings can be configured via web browser.
- Luxul Epic Mesh Node
- Power Supply
- Quick Install Guide
- Ethernet Cable
- EPIC MESH NODES ARE DESIGNED TO WORK TOGETHER AND NOT WITH OTHER LUXUL WIRELESS PRODUCTS.
- Requires iOS or Android device w/ Luxul Easy Setup App for initial setup
- Internet connection required to view documentation online
- **Chrome is the recommended browser for connecting to your Epic Mesh system.
Simply Connected Network Design
Luxul is a leading innovator of custom IP networking solutions and installations. Luxul provides a complete line of network devices and accessories for residential and commercial applications that serve to streamline network design and functionality. With Luxul, installers can deliver scalable IP networks that are easier to install and configure compared to traditional networking systems.
- Manufacturer Part #: MN-10
- UPC: 655003921335
- Standards: IEEE.802.11b/g/n, 802.11a/n/ac
- Interface: Two 10/100/1000M ports; Gigabit WAN to LAN speeds
- Antenna: Designed for horizontal placement
- 4 5GHz antennas
- 2 dual-band antennas
- 1 Bluetooth antenna
- Button: Reboot or Reset
- LEDs: 1 multi-function single LED (can be turned off/on via user interface)
- Power Supply: External – 12 VDC, 2.5A
- Power Consumption: Max Power Consumption: 30W
- Button: Reboot or Reset
- Design: Tri-band with dedicated 4x4 5GHz backhaul
- SSID Capability: Supports up to 4 SSIDs per band for a total of 8 SSIDs
- Frequency: Concurrent 2.4GHz and 5GHz with Beamforming for client and backhaul
- Transmitter Power:
- Wired Speed:
- LAN-LAN: 1 Gbps
- WAN-LAN: 1 Gbps
- Wireless Speed:
- 2.4GHz: Up to 600 Mbps
- 5GHz: Up to 1200 Mbps
- Wireless Security: Open, WPA, WPA2, WPA/WPA2 mixed
- Other Functions and Features:
- WPA encryption, DHCP, IPV6, NAT, VPN passthrough, UPnP, WAN static IP, WAN PPPoE, WAN VLAN tagging, static leases, port forwarding, DMZ, wireless guest network, band steering, client roaming, airtime fairness, adaptive path selection
- Backup & Restore Configurations
- Firmware Upgradeable via Browser
- MU-MIMO with Beamforming
- Guest network
- Operating Temperature: 32°F to 95°F (0°C to 35°C)
- Operating Humidity: 10% – 90% non-condensing
- Dimensions: 5.25 (L) x 5.25 (W) x 2 (H) inches (133.4 x 133.4 x 50.08 mm)
- Weight: 1lb
- Certification: FCC, IC, RCM, NCC, RoHS, CB Report
- Warranty: 3-Year Limited