Leviton ODC PIR Ceiling-Mount Vacancy Sensor, 1,500 Sq. Ft.
Turns Lights Off When Room Is Vacant
Increase your home’s energy efficiency by making sure your lights always turn off when the room is empty with the Leviton ODC PIR Ceiling-Mount Vacancy Sensor (1,500 Sq. Ft.). This ceiling-mount sensor requires you to manually turn ON the lights. When the room is left vacant, the sensor triggers your lights to automatically turn OFF. Lights are never automatically turned on.
- Vacant room triggers lights to turn OFF
- Lights must be turned ON manually
- Adjustable time delay: 30s, 5min, 10, 20, 30
- Detects motion up to 1,500 sq. ft. away
- Suitable for new construction or retrofit
PIR Motion Detection Technology
Passive infrared (PIR) motion sensing is the most common form of motion detection technology. The sensor detects distortion of the infrared area to identify movement by a heat source. It’s "passive" because the sensor only receives signals, and does not send out signals. These motion sensors are best used in enclosed spaces with a wide open view of the area to be monitored.
An ultrasonic (doppler shift) motion detector, in contrast, works like radar by sending out high-frequency sound waves and detecting how fast those waves bounce back to the sensor. Multi-technology motion detectors utilize both PIR and ultrasonic technologies for advanced false alarm immunity.
Advanced Energy-Saving Features
The Leviton ODC PIR Ceiling-Mount Vacancy Sensor features four key automated functions that maximize lighting efficiency:
- Delayed OFF Timer: The sensor will turn lights OFF if no motion is detected after a specified time. Choose a time delay of 30 seconds, or 5, 10, 20, or 30 minutes.
- Auto-Adapting: Using microprocessor-based technology, the sensor continually analyzes occupancy pattern of use and adjusts its time delay and sensitivity accordingly.
- Walk-Through: After only momentary occupancy, the sensor knows not to leave the lights ON for an extended period of time.
- False Detection Timer: Exactly 31 minutes after the lights are turned ON, the sensor scans for motion and shuts lights off, preventing false triggers from HVAC systems.
In the event of a power outage, time delay and other settings are saved. The sensor will return to its last known state when power is restored.
The vacancy sensor is compatible with incandescent lamps, electronic and magnetic ballasts, electronic and magnetic low-voltage transformers, and fans. It features H.I.S. (High Inrush Stability) technology designed to handle high inrush electronic ballast loads. No minimum load is required. The sensor’s mechanically held 10A latching relay ensures reliable operation for any load type and reduces energy consumption better than electronically held relays.
- Installs into "j" boxes with Leviton screw guides, coasters and terminal blocks
- Front cover snaps on/off for ease of installation
- Mounts to a standard 4" x 4" square or octagon electrical box
Because this line voltage vacancy sensor is self-contained, there is no need for an external power pack or vacancy sensor wiring.
- Vacancy Sensor
- Mid-Range Lens
- 360° Perforated Mask
- Mounting Plate (4" x 4")
- Emergency Label
- Low Voltage Connector
- (2) #6-32 x 1-1/2" Screws
- Half Mask
- Tubing Barrier
Leviton is the smart choice, providing the most comprehensive range of solutions to meet the needs of today’s residential, commercial and industrial buildings. Leveraging more than a century of experience, Leviton helps customers create sustainable, intelligent environments through its electrical wiring devices, network and data center connectivity solutions, and lighting energy management systems. From switches and receptacles, to daylight harvesting controls, networking systems, and equipment for charging electric vehicles, Leviton solutions help customers achieve savings in energy, time and cost, all while enhancing safety.
- Test Mode for simplified commissioning
- Manual Switch and Emergency Override are Class 1 or Class 2 circuits
- Output short circuit protection
- Self-configuring local manual switch input
- Momentary or maintained switches are supported
- Color-coded PIR lenses – easily replaceable
- "Fail-Safe" Circuitry: In the event of product failure, Return-to-Closed feature causes the relay to default ON which eliminates safety concerns.
- Product Line: O3Cxx
- Technology: Passive Infrared
- Line Voltage: Yes
- Mount: Ceiling
- Coverage Range: 1500 Sq. Ft.
- Grade: Commercial
- Color: White
- Title 24 Compliant: Yes
- Input Voltage: 120V, 50/60Hz; 230V, 50Hz; 277V, 50/60Hz
- Load Rating:
- 120V Input: 8A, Electronic Ballast, 800W/VA, Tungsten, Ballast, 1/4 HP Motor
- 230V Input: 6A/6AX, Electronic Ballast, Magnetic Ballast, 1/3 HP Motor
- 277V Input: 5A, Electronic Ballast, 1200VA, 1/3 HP Motor
- Current Consumption: 60-30 mA
- Operating Temperature: 32° to 104° F (0° to 40° C)
- Storage Temperature: -15° to 160° F (-26° to 71° C)
- Relative Humidity: 0% to 90% non-condensing
- Listings: CA Title 20 Compliant, UL 773A (Occupancy Standard), UL 924 (Emergency Equipment), cUL Listed, CE Compliant, NOM Certified, RoHS Compliant, NY LLC 48 Compliant
- Warranty: 5 Years Limited