FirstAlert Z-Wave Plus Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Detector, Gen5
Z-Wave Combo Detector with Built-In Siren
Receive notifications for smoke and CO alarms through your Z-Wave system with the FirstAlert Z-Wave Plus Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Detector, Gen5. This battery-powered combo detector features smoke and CO sensors that work independently to help you and your family stay safe. It's compatible with almost any Z-Wave controller. When smoke or CO is detected, the alarm sets off a loud 85dB siren and sends an alarm condition to your Z-Wave control unit.
- Two independent sensors detect smoke and CO
- Sounds loud 85dB siren and sends alarm condition
- Battery-powered, no wiring required
- Convenient test/silence button
- Works with any Z-Wave controller
The Z-Wave Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Detector features an insect screen that covers both its photoelectric smoke sensing chamber and the electrochemical carbon monoxide sensor, minimizing the chance of false alarms and damage. The detector also has a test/silence button, so you can test the alarm or silence it with just the push of a button. When the detector is nearing its end of life, it will transmit an end of life signal to alert you that it needs replacement (backed by a 7-year warranty).
The detector mounts either on a wall or ceiling with the included hardware. Tamper-resistant locking pins help prevent unauthorized removal by securing the detector to the mounting bracket. The detector's side-loading battery compartment allows you to avoid setting off false alarms and easily replace the battery anytime.
The alarm supports one association group with up to one node, and sends its alarms to that group. The alarm supports configuration parameter #1, which has a size of 1, a default value of 0, and when set to 1 causes the device to send double alarm messages.
Z-Wave Plus Certification
Z-Wave Plus is an upgraded certification program to help you identify products that take advantage of the "Next Gen" Z-Wave hardware platform, also known as 500 Series or Gen5 Z-Wave. Z-Wave Plus certified solutions feature a selected set of extended features and capabilities that enhance your experience with faster and easier installation and setup. Z-Wave Plus advancements also provide longer battery life, faster operation, better wireless range and improved noise immunity.
- Smoke/CO Detector
- Mounting Bracket
- Mounting Screws
- (2) AA Batteries
- User Guide
Note: Requires a Z-Wave control unit, sold separately. Not compatible with Onelink or BRK Wireless Interconnect alarms.
IMPORTANT: MAY NOT MEET YOUR STATE'S STANDARDS FOR SMOKE ALARMS. CHECK YOUR LOCAL REQUIREMENTS BEFORE PURCHASE. (THIS MODEL DOES NOT SUPPORT HARDWIRING OR SPECIALIZED BATTERY PACKS.)
FirstAlert: A Leader In Saving Lives
You can install FirstAlert products with confidence! Our products are designed to save lives. It's a responsibility we don't take lightly. We build each smoke alarm, carbon monoxide alarm, heat alarm, and fire extinguisher to the highest standards. Over the years, we've seen competitors come and go. We're still here, still making the most recognized consumer brands of smoke and CO alarms on the market.
- Single station combination smoke and CO alarm
- Rated for residential and institutional applications
- Supports one association group with up to one node
- Complies with UL217, UL2034, CSFM, NFPA 72, NFPA 720 and NFPA 101
- Meets building codes published by the ICC, and requiring silence features
- Operates using the basic command class required by all Z-Wave devices
- Manufacturer Part #: ZCOMBO-G
- UPC: 029054021694
- Color: White
- Wireless Frequency: Z-Wave 908.42 MHz (US)
- Wireless Range: Up to 100 feet (30 m) indoors
- Smoke Sensor: Photoelectric
- CO Sensor: Electrochemical
- Operating Voltage: 3V (Two 1.5V AA) Battery-Powered (batteries included)
- Battery Life: approx. 2 years
- Temperature Range: 40° to 100° F (4° to 38° C)
- Humidity Range: 10 to 95 percent relative humidity (RH)
- Audio Alarm: 85dB at 10 feet
- Test/Silence: Electronically simulates smoke and CO condition, causing the unit to alarm. Press and hold test/silence button.
- Alarm Reset: Automatic when smoke and/or CO clears
- Dimensions: 5(Dia.) x 2(H) inches
- Weight: 8.4 ounces
- Approvals: UL217 and UL2034 Standards
- Warranty: 7-Year Limited
- Alarm Sounds
- Low Battery Sound
- Supervisory Chirp
- Power Up Indication
- Malfunction Sound
- End of Life Sound