DataComm Recessed Pro-Power Kit with Straight-Blade Surge Receptacle
Keep Home Theater Wires Out Of Sight
Hide your home theater cables without risking surge damage to your sensitive electronics by installing the DataComm Recessed Pro-Power Kit with Straight Blade & Surge. This kit allows power and low voltage A/V cables to pass through the wall at one entry point, run behind the wall, and then pass through the wall again at an exit point. Your TV plugs into a hidden surge suppressor without any visible wires running down the wall.
- Conceals multiple cables behind the wall
- Duplex surge suppressor protects sensitive devices
- Works with industry's thinnest mounts and HDTVs
- Flexible screens prevent dust from entering living areas
- Extension cord has 360-degree rotating head
How It Works
The kit consists of two main parts, an upper recessed box (also known as a plate) with a duplex surge suppressor and a lower recessed box/plate. The upper box installs behind your TV, and the lower box installs closer to the floor near a power outlet. The two boxes wire together behind the wall, allowing the lower box to deliver power to the upper box.
The lower box plugs into a nearby power outlet with the included extension cord, and delivers power to the upper box's duplex surge suppressor. Now your TV can plug into the upper box suppressor rather than a power outlet near your floor. No TV cords have to run down the wall, and your TV is protected from electrical spikes!
To connect an A/V component to the TV without running visible wires, plug your A/V component into the power outlet near the lower box (as shown above). The component's connector cable slides through the opening in the lower box, runs behind the wall, and exits at the upper box's opening. Now you can connect the component to the TV with a hidden cord. Multiple cables fit through the lower and upper box openings, so you can connect multiple A/V components to your TV without running visible wires.
Cable openings are protected by flexible screens, preventing any in-wall dust and dirt from entering your home's living area.
The two boxes attach securely to the back of the wall with integrated metal mounting wings. No low voltage mounting plate is required. Once installed, each box is completely recessed, so your flat screen TV can remain flush against the wall.
- Recessed Low Voltage Mid-Size Plate with Duplex Surge Suppressor
- Recessed Low Voltage Cable Plate with Straight Blade Inlet
- 6 Ft. 16/2 with Ground Cord Set with 360-degree Rotating Flat Head
- (2) Electrical Outlet Boxes
- Duplex Surge Suppressor, 15A/125V
DataComm Electronics Home Theater Products
DataComm Home Theater products provide all the flexibility installers or experienced do-it-yourselfers need to create sophisticated media environments. DataComm plates mount into a standard NEMA enclosure or on to a low-voltage mounting bracket. Straightforward labeling on each plate simplifies room setup and configuration.
- Approvals: RoHS, UR, UL, ETL
- Surge Suppressor:
- Maximum Surge Current: 1,500 Amps
- Clamping Response Time: 1 nanosecond
- Hot/Neutral, Hot/Ground, Neutral/Ground
- Total maximum surge dissipation