Bellman & Symfon Maxi Personal Amplifier with Stereo Headphone
Easy-To-Use, Affordable, Effective
The Maxi Digital Personal Amplifier is a revolutionary personal amplifier that uses digital technology to bring out speech and music in difficult hearing situations. The included stereo headphones deliver the very best feedback reduction, combining high sensitivity in a robust and attractive design. Maxi is developed especially for people who prefer an easy-to-use device with large tactile controls and clear indications. Use it for watching television, listening to music, or participating in small group conversations with ease.
IMPORTANT Note: Bellman & Symfon products are not available to ship outside the U.S. Please contact Bellman & Symfon directly for international orders.
Using the Maxi is intuitive. Simply point the omnidirectional microphone in the direction of the person talking or the sound you want to amplify. Maxi's advanced digital algorithm automatically recognizes and amplifies speech, while simultaneously filtering out unwanted background noise to make listening an enjoyable experience.
- Up to 71dB of amplification for clear, crisp sound
- Omnidirectional built-in microphone
- High contrast indicators for Volume and Tone
- Compact design yet large enough to easily handle
- Can be used as a T-coil receiver (lockable)
Just place Maxi on a table or hang it around your neck. Speech comes through loud and clear. Choose to listen with earphones, headphones, Microset, or if you use hearing aids, via a neckloop (sold separately).
Listening with Telecoil
Many public venues, such as concert halls, theaters, and churches, are fitted with loop systems. In these venues (marked with a T symbol as shown), Mino captures the sound with its built-in telecoil. Simply activate the telecoil in these environments for crystal clear movie, music, or speaker audio.
Connecting a TV (or another sound source)
Maxi features a 2.5 mm stereo telejack connection that can be used for TV listening in stereo. The digital signal processing in Maxi will adjust the amplification to make sure that low signal levels are always clearly heard. The unique mixing-function ("push-to-listen") makes it easy to switch between the connected signal source and the microphone. This feature is useful, for example when you are having a conversation while watching TV.
The adaptive feedback manager is especially designed for use in sound environments where the listening conditions changes. The feedback manager is automatically activated when the internal microphone is selected and will quickly adapt to a variation, for example if a user moves or the position of the headphones are changed relative the internal microphone.
The feedback manager continuously analyses the input signal to detect feedback and will eliminate it by changing the phase and amplitude of the output signal. This normally occurs even before the user experiences a buildup of feedback, which means that the feedback manager does normally not have impact on the audio quality.
Balance Control sets the balance between the left and right ear so you can compensate for a more severe hearing loss in one ear. Base Reduction is used to minimize the low frequency interference that can be generated by fans, traffic, or roads. The included clip allows you to comfortably wear the Maxi on a belt or sleeve, and the included strap lets you loop it around your neck.
- Neck Strap
- Belt Clip
- User Manual
Bellman & Symfon: Providing TLC For Ears Since 1989
Bellman & Symfon supplies a range of products to aid and protect your ears. Those who have hearing challenges or difficulty with sound can find a variety of unique solutions that help at home, at work, or on the go. Products offer simple and flexible applications with attractive designs for the best in hearing freedom.
- Digital signal processing
- Built-in omnidirectional electret condenser microphone with digital noise reduction for clear, crisp sound
- 10 channel dynamic range compressor
- 10 channel dynamic noise suppression
- Adaptive feedback manager
- High contrast LED display for clear volume and tone indication
- Unique soft grip casing for extremely low handling noise
- Up to 150 hours battery life for trouble free operation
- Auxiliary stereo signal 2.5 mm jack
- Headphones stereo 3.5 mm jack
- High capacity line output for ear/headphones and neckloop (sold separately)
- Lockable telecoil mode for listening with loop cushion or domestic loop
- Push-to-listen function for mixing line input with microphone input
- Large ergonomic push-buttons with clear indication for easy handling
- Uses two AA alkaline batteries (included)
- 9 step volume control (5 dB/step)
- Tone control with 5 pre-set steps, push buttons
- Dimensions: 140 x 45 x 27 mm (L x W x T)
- Weight: 133 g (including batteries)
- Batterytype: Two AA alkaline cells
- Batterylife: Up to 150 hours
- Ext. mic./Aux in connector: 2.5 mm stereo telejack
- Earphones/headphones conn.: 3.5 mm stereo telejack
- Volume control: 9 steps (5 dB/step)
- Tone control: 5 pre-set steps, push-buttons
- Power switch: on-off toggle button
- Mic and T-mode: Separate mode select buttons
- Ext. mic/Aux in accessories: Automatically selects Aux in or ext. mic. when plugged in
- R/L-channel balance setting: 0 to 20 dB programmable attenuation (in steps of 5 dB)
- Maximum volume setting: 0 to 21 dB programmable attenuation (in steps of 3 dB)
- Dynamic compressor:
- 10 channels
- Dynamic gain range: 0 to 35 dB
- Compression: 3:1 Expansion: 1:1.5
- Attack time: 25 ms
- Release time: 250 ms
- Dynamic noise reduction: 10 channels Adaptive frequency domain noise reduction
- Feedback cancellation: Adaptive time domain feedback cancellation
- Digital signal processing: 19.948 kHz sampling frequency, 16-bit resolution in stereo
- Regulatory Requirements: CE, RoHS and WEEE
- Full-on gain with BE9122: 51.07 dB at 1.6 kHz (60 dB input signal)
- Ref. test gain with BE9122: 29.21 dB (SPL70)
- Full-on gain with BE9125: 56.57 dB at 1.6 kHz (60 dB input signal)
- Ref. test gain with BE9125: 38.9 dB (SPL70)
- Output power: 125 mW/channel (at 16 Ohm load)
- Impedance, headphones: 8 to 72 Ohm
- Distortion: 0.557 percent THD (electrical), 82 dB
- SNR: 40 Hz to 10 kHz
- Frequency range:
- Tone, high: +10dB at 3.15 kHz, 6dB at 250Hz
- Tone, mid: flat
- Tone, low: -10dB at 3.15 kHz
- No bass boost
- Aux in sensitivity (max input lvl.): +6 dBV
- Operating temperature: 32 to 95 degrees F (0 to 35 degrees C)
- Relative humidity: 5 to 95 percent (non condensing)