Aeotec Z-Wave Plus v2 Door / Window Sensor 7 Pro, Gen7
Add A New 3-In-1 Sensor To Your Security System
Monitor the open/closed status of a door, window, cabinet, safe, or any other open/close object with the Aeotec Z-Wave Door/Window Sensor 7. This miniscule door/window sensor discreetly monitors your chosen entryways or important storage with its simple design and reduced size. With Z-Wave Plus certification and S2 encryption, the sensor is one of the fastest performing and most secure sensors in the market.
- 3-in-1 Sensor: Open/Close contact, tilt, and tamper sensors within 1 device
- Reports Open/Close status of monitored objects and changes in object status
- Capable of activating automation or security scenes, start surveillance recordings, and send mobile alerts upon being triggered
- Can be converted to any type of sensor utilizing NO (Normally Open) dry contact sensors and external connections
- Ultra-small profile at only 3 inches long
- "Z-Wave Plus" certified for wide compatibility
- Receives over-the-air firmware updates
- Spatial Intrusion Algorithm provides enhanced predictive security and automation
The Door/Window Sensor 7 Pro consists of two parts: the main sensor and a magnet. The main sensor can be mounted onto either the door/window or onto the frame. Two magnets are included with the Door/Window Sensor 7 Pro: a standard magnet cover by plastic that mounts beside the sensor on either the door/window or frame, and a slim "naked" magnet that mounts behind the sensor when the sensor is placed on the side of a door/window.
The sensor mounts with the included screws or double-sided tape. Each magnet mounts with double-sided tape.
When the two components are separated, the sensor sends signals to up to 7 Z-Wave devices to alert of the change in status or to trigger security or automation events. Alternatively, the sensor also includes a tilt detection function that allows it to report how a window is opened. The window must be tilted at an angle of at least 5 degrees in order for the sensor to detect it.
Z-Wave Plus v2 Certification
Z-Wave Plus v2 is an upgraded Z-Wave certification program to help you identify products that take advantage of the latest Z-Wave hardware platform, also known as 700 Series or Gen7 Z-Wave. Z-Wave Plus v2 compatible devices include extended wireless range up to 2600 ft/800 m, three layers of encryption, faster operation, and longer battery life.
- Z-Wave Door/Window Sensor 7 Pro
- Big Magnet
- Small Magnet
- Double-Sided Tape Large (x2)
- Double-Sided Tape Small (x2)
- Screws (x4)
- Dowels (x4)
- Requires a Z-Wave network controller, sold separately.
- Wireless firmware updates are available via Z-Wave controllers.
- For indoor use only.
- Should not be mounted on a metal frame.
Harmonizing The Digital Home With Z-Wave
Aeotec is a leading developer and manufacturer of wireless products which complement the "Digital Smart Home". Their products are designed to save energy, protect the home, and ultimately improve life. They focus on providing innovation, the highest caliber of quality, and unparalleled user experience without sacrifice.
- Manufacturer Part #: ZWA012
- Protocol: Z-Wave Plus
- Frequency: 908.4 MHz (U.S)
- Color: White
- Material: ABS plastic
- Operating Distance: Up to 164 feet/50 meters outdoors
- S2 Security: Yes
- Smart Start: Yes
- Repeater: No
- Beaming: No
- Power Supply: No
- Battery Charger Input: No
- Battery Type: 1 * 1/2 AA ER14250 3.6V rated
- Battery Life: 3 years assuming 5 open and 5 close events per day with Wakeup reports disabled
- Tilt Detection: must be over 5 degrees
- Operating distance: Up to 50 meters outdoors, Up to 164 feet outdoors
- Operating humidity: 10 to 95%
- Operating temperature: -20°C to 45°C (-4°F to 113°F)
- Storage temperature: -30°C to 70°C (-20°F to 158°F)
- Water proofing: IP20 rating
- Dimension of Sensor: 0.75 in H x 2.8 in W x 0.7 inches D (19mm x 71mm x 18mm)
- Dimension of Magnet: 0.13 in H x 0.78 in W x 0.43 inches D (8mm x 20mm x 11mm)
- Warranty: 1-Year Limited