ABB-Welcome Video Distributor
Distribute Video to Multiple ABB Indoor Stations
When multiple video indoor stations are included in an ABB Door Entry System, the ABB Video Distributor is required to distribute video from the camera(s) to the various indoor stations. Each distributor sends video to up to four indoor stations, either in the same sub-system/residence or in a maximum of two different sub-systems/residences. Multiple distributors can be used in a system to expand distribution. The distributor may be used either with or without a Gateway (model M2302, sold separately).
- Enables 4-way video outputs to different stations or residences
- Rotary decimal addressing makes commissioning simple and easy
- Over-voltage, over-current, over-heating, short-circuit protection
- Internal isolation ensures broken indoor stations do not impact system
- Flexible mounting: flush-mount, surface-mount, or DIN rail-mount
As a video signal branching device in the internal bus, the Video Distributor should be used when star connection is needed for the residences in the building part, and for the gateways in the common part.
When a Video Distributor is used in the common part, the total distance of all the lines branched by the distributor under one system controller should be less than a half mile (2,626 feet / 800 meters). An auxiliary power supply can be used to split the whole distance into several sections, which can ensure each section meets the half-mile distance limit with one system controller.
The impact of the distance can be reviewed from the distance calculation. The distance constraint from different wire types should also be considered.
Support max. distribution to 4 indoor stations:
- 4 Indoor Stations for 4 residences
- 2 Indoor Stations for 1 residence, 2 for residence
- 4 Indoor Stations for 1 residence
Designed for flexible installation, the ABB Video Distributor can be mounted any way you need. It can be recessed into a Flush Mounted Box (sold separately, surface-mounted to a wall by screwing it on through the back screw hole, or DIN rail mounted.
NOTE: Not for use in audio-only systems. Requires 2-wire connection to a System Controller or Gateway and the desired indoor stations, all sold separately.
About the ABB Door Entry System
Also known as the "Welcome" system, the Door Entry System is a first-of-its-kind modular intercom and access control system that offers one flexible solution for any intercom and entry security application. Customizable, nearly endlessly scalable, and easy to install, the system is perfect for any building, from a small single-family home to a huge residential complex.
- Complete intercom and access control solution for any building
- One system supports up to 60 buildings and 250 stations per building
- Connections require only 2 wires for ultra-flexible installations
- Standard range up to 1,968 feet (600 m), extends with power boosters
- Free mobile apps for iOS and Android provide remote intercom access
- No fees required to enable Internet connection – ABB provides servers
- Modular outdoor stations allow easy customization and repairs
- Pre-assembled outdoor stations facilitate quick installation for standard applications
- Optionally install ABB indoor stations and/or use mobile devices as indoor stations
- Indoor stations optionally support door strike release for remote unlocking
- Optionally select indoor stations with built-in induction loops for hearing aid users
How to Build Your System
Every ABB Door Entry System needs at least two components: a System Controller (either standard or mini) and an Audio Module (any variation). With these two foundational components, the system can be expanded and customized as needed. Additional system components may include:
- Custom Modular Outdoor Stations
- Audio Module (speaker/mic, with or without pushbuttons)
- Pushbutton Module (with or without built-in card reader)
- Keypad Module (with or without built-in card reader)
- Display Module with Built-In Card Reader
- Camera Module
- Nameplate Module
- Pre-Assembled Outdoor Stations
- Hands-Free Indoor Stations (with or without video screen and/or induction loop)
- Handset Indoor Stations (with or without video screen and/or induction loop)
- Guard Unit (specialized station for security monitoring)
- Mobile Devices (requires Telephone Gateway and/or IP Gateway)
- Telephone Gateway (for integrating mobile or landline phones)
- IP Gateway (for enabling remote Internet access)
- Switch Actuator (for relay control)
- Camera Interface (for connecting third-party analog cameras)
- Elevator Lift Control Relay Module (for elevator/floor access control)
Other accessories are also available for installation and connection. Most notably, in order to build a custom modular outdoor station, you will need to select the modules you wish to include in the station, and then match the number of modules to the appropriate size Flush-Mounted Box and Faceplate. (Flush-mounted boxes support optional surface-mounting in addition to flush-mounting. When surface-mounting, a Rain Hood is also required; only optional when surface-mounting.) The screwless, snap-on design of both outdoor and indoor stations makes installation a breeze.
Easy Planning with ABB Configurator
The ABB website provides an intuitive online configuration tool to help you with system planning. Use this free tool to map out a unique system perfect for yourself or your client.
ABB: Power & Productivity for a Better World
ABB (ASEA Brown Boveri), officially branded the ABB Group, is one of the most expansive engineering corporations in the world. From its hometown in Zurich, Switzerland, this Swedish-Swiss power and automation manufacturer spans across ~100 countries, bringing its technology to every corner of the globe. With history harking back to the 1880's, ABB is a renowned behemoth of cutting-edge development. Create a better world in your own corner of the world with products by ABB.
- Manufacturer Part #: M2304
- Operating Temperature: -13° to 131°F (-25° to 55°C)
- Storage Temperature: -40° to 158°F (-40° to 70°C)
- Protection: IP20
- Single-Wire Clamps: 2 x 0.28 mm2 – 2 x 1 mm2
- Fine-Wire Clamps: 2 x 0.28 mm2 – 2 x 1 mm2
- Bus Voltage: 20-30V
- Dimensions: 1.77 x 1.77 x 1.02 inches
- Warranty: 2 Years
- 9 Guard Units per System
- 60 Buildings per System
- 250 Indoor Stations per Building
- 9 Outdoor Stations per Building (including gate and other outdoor stations)
- 2 Locks per Outdoor Station