ABB-Welcome Audio Handset Indoor Station, 3 Buttons
Audio Indoor Station for ABB Door Entry Systems
Designed like a corded telephone, the ABB Audio Handset Indoor Station with 3 Buttons gives residents a convenient way to answer intercom calls from outdoor stations in their ABB Door Entry System. When the station rings, pick up the handset to answer. The handset provides clear audio communication, and the three pushbuttons make it easy to access other functions in the system, including triggering a door lock release, making a door status check, and calling a Guard Unit.
- Provides audio communication with outdoor stations
- 1 button for door unlock release and 2 auxiliary buttons
- Up to 5 different ringtones differentiate call sources
- Adjustable volume via side switch (max-mid-mute)
- Surface-mounts with integrated bracket or optionally flush-mounts
Two different models are available, either with or without a built-in induction loop. With a built-in induction loop, the station supports hearing aid users by sending incoming audio wirelessly to the hearing aid(s) and directly into the resident's ear(s).
3 Buttons for Various Applications
The first pushbutton is intended for easily unlocking a connected door lock. The activating or deactivating of automatic unlock can be made by simply pressing the unlock button for 10 seconds. The other two buttons are programmable for various functions. You could, for example, set the second button to call the outdoor station, and set the third button to release a second door lock or check on the status of a lock.
5 Ringtones & 2 LED Indicators
The station makes it easy to know what's going on with your system. You can choose up to five different ringtones to differentiate between various sources of incoming calls, such as your main outdoor station vs your Guard Unit. Two LEDs also provide system status indications.
The ABB Audio Handset Indoor Station connects to the System Controller (sold separately) using two wires. Multiple indoor stations may be daisy-chained together. You can either surface-mount it to the wall using its screw holes, or flush-mount into an ABB Flush Mounted Box (sold separately). After the station is wired into the Door Entry System, it simply snaps into the box.
NOTE: Requires 2-wire connection to a System Controller, sold separately. Also requires use with at least one outdoor station that includes an audio module. Installation hardware not included. For indoor use only.
About the ABB Door Entry System
Also known as the "Welcome" system, the Door Entry System is a first-of-its-kind modular intercom and access control system that offers one flexible solution for any intercom and entry security application. Customizable, nearly endlessly scalable, and easy to install, the system is perfect for any building, from a small single-family home to a huge residential complex.
- Complete intercom and access control solution for any building
- One system supports up to 60 buildings and 250 stations per building
- Connections require only 2 wires for ultra-flexible installations
- Standard range up to 1,968 feet (600 m), extends with power boosters
- Free mobile apps for iOS and Android provide remote intercom access
- No fees required to enable Internet connection – ABB provides servers
- Modular outdoor stations allow easy customization and repairs
- Pre-assembled outdoor stations facilitate quick installation for standard applications
- Optionally install ABB indoor stations and/or use mobile devices as indoor stations
- Indoor stations optionally support door strike release for remote unlocking
- Optionally select indoor stations with built-in induction loops for hearing aid users
How to Build Your System
Every ABB Door Entry System needs at least two components: a System Controller (either standard or mini) and an Audio Module (any variation). With these two foundational components, the system can be expanded and customized as needed. Additional system components may include:
- Custom Modular Outdoor Stations
- Audio Module (speaker/mic, with or without pushbuttons)
- Pushbutton Module (with or without built-in card reader)
- Keypad Module (with or without built-in card reader)
- Display Module with Built-In Card Reader
- Camera Module
- Nameplate Module
- Pre-Assembled Outdoor Stations
- Hands-Free Indoor Stations (with or without video screen and/or induction loop)
- Handset Indoor Stations (with or without video screen and/or induction loop)
- Guard Unit (specialized station for security monitoring)
- Mobile Devices (requires Telephone Gateway and/or IP Gateway)
- Telephone Gateway (for integrating mobile or landline phones)
- IP Gateway (for enabling remote Internet access)
- Switch Actuator (for relay control)
- Camera Interface (for connecting third-party analog cameras)
- Elevator Lift Control Relay Module (for elevator/floor access control)
Other accessories are also available for installation and connection. Most notably, in order to build a custom modular outdoor station, you will need to select the modules you wish to include in the station, and then match the number of modules to the appropriate size Flush-Mounted Box and Faceplate. (Flush-mounted boxes support optional surface-mounting in addition to flush-mounting. When surface-mounting, a Rain Hood is also required; only optional when surface-mounting.) The screwless, snap-on design of both outdoor and indoor stations makes installation a breeze.
Easy Planning with ABB Configurator
The ABB website provides an intuitive online configuration tool to help you with system planning. Use this free tool to map out a unique system perfect for yourself or your client.
ABB: Power & Productivity for a Better World
ABB (ASEA Brown Boveri), officially branded the ABB Group, is one of the most expansive engineering corporations in the world. From its hometown in Zurich, Switzerland, this Swedish-Swiss power and automation manufacturer spans across ~100 countries, bringing its technology to every corner of the globe. With history harking back to the 1880's, ABB is a renowned behemoth of cutting-edge development. Create a better world in your own corner of the world with products by ABB.
- Manufacturer Part #:
- Without Induction Loop: M22002-W
- With Induction Loop: M22003-W
- Operating Temperature: 14° to 131°F (-10° to 55°C)
- Storage Temperature: -40° to 158°F (-40° to 70°C)
- Protection: IP30
- Single-Wire Clamps: 2 x 0.28 mm2 – 2 x 1 mm2
- Fine-Wire Clamps: 2 x 0.28 mm2 – 2 x 1 mm2
- Bus Voltage: 20-30V
- Dimensions: 7.8 x 3.19 x 1.69 inches
- Warranty: 2 Years
- 9 Guard Units per System
- 60 Buildings per System
- 250 Indoor Stations per Building
- 9 Outdoor Stations per Building (including gate and other outdoor stations)
- 2 Locks per Outdoor Station