Somfy SDN Power Over Ethernet Gateway
Connect Somfy Motors to Your Internet
Bring power and Internet connection to your Somfy Drapery Motors with the Somfy SDN Power Over Ethernet Gateway. This power and connectivity module simplifies cable management by using Cat 5e/6 UTP cables to deliver up to 51W of power and Internet connectivity to compatible Somfy Digital Network™ (SDN) devices.
- Distribution module sends power and data to shade and drapery motors
- Powers and controls between 1 to 4 low-voltage RS485 motors
- Program up to 16 intermediate positions per motor
- Offers a control for groups of motors with stop and align command
- Easy to connect/disconnect RJ45 and 4 pin ports with adaptor cable included
- Safe operation and industry-standard compliance (UL 2108/ UL 1310)
The device supports both Somfy Synergy™ API and CoAP Digital Building API compatible with Molex Transcend Network Connected System. When operating motors in a group, motors will cascade individually. Compatible Somfy motors include: Sonesse® 30 RS485 DC, Sonesse® 50 Ultra DC RS485, Irismo™ 35 DC RS485.
- SDN Power over Ethernet (PoE) Gateway
- Not allowed to be on the same subnet as Molex Gateways.
- Total wiring between SDN PoE Gateway and all motors should not exceed 240 ft. when using Liberty AV 9020126 cable.
Somfy Digital Network™ (SDN): Intelligent Wired Shading
Install robust, cost-efficient, and powerful shade controls with Somfy Digital Network (SDN) devices. Designed specifically to provide intelligent motors and controls for large scale shading projects, the SDN system offers a professional-grade solution to creating an interconnected home of intelligent devices.
SDN technology is based on standard network architecture that transmits digital signals over a twisted pair bus line. It uses the RS-485 standard with Category 5 UTP cable, Ethernet patch cables, RJ45 connectors and splitters for communication between devices.
SDN System Benefits
- Differential signaling, low data speed communication and high impedance devices
- Single bus segment can be up to 4,000 feet with 255 devices
- Free wiring topology with no termination resistors
- Noise and interference is minimized by using capacitance controlled, unshielded twisted pair cable
- System scalability is virtually unlimited
- No need for special wire or connectors
- Bus-connected control devices are powered directly from the bus line using a 24VDC class 2 power supply
RTS: Wireless Technology Dedicated To Your Comfort
Radio Technology Somfy (RTS) offers a high performance, convenient and reliable solution for awning and screen automation, eliminating the need for wiring between the motor and controls. With the radio receiver integrated within the motor, RTS is the ideal choice because installation is quick and easy. Whether you want to control your awning or screen at the touch of a button or use automatic controls, Somfy has the solution. It's so easy, It's Somfy!
- Manufacturer Part #: 1860326
- Input Power:
- UPoE/IEEE 802.3bt up to 60W
- Output Power: 24V DC @ 2A
- Input Data: Ethernet CoAP
- Output Data: SDN RS485
- Standby Power Consumption: 0.5 W
- Material: Extruded Aluminum
- Operating Temperature Range: 32°F (0°C) to 104°F (40°C)
- Dimensions: 4.7 in. L x 2.1 in. W x 1.0 in H
- Maximum Wiring Distance:
- Cumulative from Gateway to all motors: 240 ft. when using Liberty AV 9020126 or 9020127 cable
- Cumulative from Gateway to Keypad: 200 ft. using cat5e cable
- Shipping Weight: 1 lb.
- Indoor use only
»Somfy 1860326 SDN Power over Ethernet (PoE) Gateway Spec Sheet (.pdf)
»Somfy 1860326 SDN Power over Ethernet (PoE) Gateway Installation Manual (.pdf)
»Somfy 1860326 SDN Power over Ethernet (PoE) User Manual (.pdf)
»Somfy 1860326 SDN Power over Ethernet (PoE) with Single ST-30 DC Motor Technical Drawing (.pdf)
»Somfy 1860326 SDN Power over Ethernet (PoE) with Four ST-30 DC Motors and Single Keypad Wire Technical Drawing (.pdf)