Somfy Ondeis WireFree RTS Rain & Sun Sensor
Automate RTS Coverings Based On Rain & Sun
Whether the sun is shining too intensely or the rain is pouring down too hard, you can automatically adjust your RTS motorized awning and/or window coverings based on these conditions with the solar-powered Somfy Ondeis WireFree RTS Rain & Sun Sensor. When it's bright, close the shades and bring out your awning to save energy and prevent the sun's harsh UV rays from damaging your property. When it's raining, retract your awning to keep the heavy downpour from ruining it. Do all this and more with the Ondeis Rain & Sun Sensor.
- Opens/closes motorized coverings based on adjustable rain and sun thresholds
- Works with RTS motors and externally mounted RTS receivers
- Mode Selector sets usage for an awning, exterior screen, or rolling shutter
- Solar-powered, battery-free, and completely wireless
- Included bracket mounts to an outdoor wall, pole, or gutter
How It Works
The wireless, solar-powered sensor installs outdoors to detect moisture ranging from heavy fog to a downpour, and brightness ranging from 0.5 klux (heavy cloud cover) to 50 klux (direct summer sun, no cloud cover). Its built-in potentiometer allows you to set moisture and brightness thresholds anywhere in these ranges, along with actions to take in response. For example, you could program the sensor to automatically close your shades when brightness levels cross your set threshold of 45 klux.
6 Selectable Modes of Operation:
- Awning Rain (default)
- Awning Sun (requires Telis Soliris Transmitter)
- Awning Rain & Sun (requires Telis Soliris Transmitter)
- Shutter/Screen Rain
- Shutter/Screen Rain & Sun
- Shutter/Screen Rain & Auto Up
The sensor controls one channel of Radio Technology Somfy (RTS) motorized products, offering the flexibility of individual or group control.
This Rain & Sun Sensor is compatible with all RTS motors and externally mounted RTS receivers. It installs with the included hardware, and can be mounted to an outdoor wall, pole, or gutter. The sensor is powered by solar energy, requiring about 10 minutes in direct sunlight to fully charge. No wiring or batteries are required.
- Ondeis WireFree RTS Rain & Sun Sensor
- Mounting Plate
- (2) Round Head Wood Screws
- Gutter Mount:
- (1) Aluminum Gutter-Mount Bracket
- (2) Socket Head Screws
- (2) Flat Head Screws
- (2) Nylon Locking Nuts
NOTE: Compatible with RTS (Radio Technology Somfy) motors ONLY. RTS motors are remote controlled Somfy motors. This product is not compatible with any non-remote controlled motor.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Somfy products are not available to ship outside the U.S. Please contact Somfy directly for international orders.
RTS: Technology Dedicated To Your Comfort
Radio Technology Somfy (RTS) offers a high performance, convenient and reliable solution for awning and screen automation, eliminating the need for wiring between the motor and controls. With the radio receiver integrated within the motor, RTS is the ideal choice because installation is quick and easy. Whether you want to control your awning or screen at the touch of a button or use automatic controls, Somfy has the solution. It's so easy, It's Somfy!
- Manufacturer Part #: 9019617
- Power: Solar-Powered
- Charging Time: approx. 10 minutes in direct sunlight
- Material: ABS
- Radio Frequency: 433.42 MHz
- Maximum Range: 65 feet under optimal conditions
- Rain Sensitivity: The lowest setting (fully counterclockwise [CCW]) will react to very light rain 2-4 drops 1-2mm within 1 2 seconds or condensation or fog heavy enough to cause a drop to run down sensor. The highest setting (fully clockwise [CW]) will react only to very heavy rain 1-2 inches per hour
- Sun Sensitivity: Sun level threshold adjustable from 0.5 (CCW) to 50 klux (CW)
- IP Rating: IP55
- Temperature Range:
- Storage: -4° to 140° F (-20° to 60° C)
- Operating: 32° to 140° F (0° to 60° C)
- Dimensions: 4.53(L) x 2.60(W) x 1.97(D) inches (115 x 66 x 50 mm)
- Shipping Weight: 1 pound
- Approvals: FCC
- Warranty: 5 Years