Qolsys IQ Wireless S-Line Encrypted Recessed Door/Window Sensor
Discreetly Monitor Open/Closed Status of a Door or Window
Monitor a door or window without letting potential intruders know by installing the Qolsys IQ Wireless S-Line Encrypted Recessed Door/Window Sensor (AKA the IQ Recessed-S). This wireless battery-powered sensor installs into the core of your door to become nearly invisible.
Used with any compatible control panel/receiver (319.5 MHz wireless frequency), such as a GE/Interlogix Panel (NetworX, Simon, etc.) or a Qolsys IQ Panel, the sensor sends intelligent notifications to your panel, like "door left open". Notifications can be custom-named, so you can know exactly what's going on. Name notifications for the sensor at your front door, for example, "front door left open". For each sensor, you can also determine a unique chime type and turn voice prompts On/Off. Additionally, the sensor can be included in automation rules. For example, you could create a rule that adjusts your thermostat when a door is left open.
- Provides intelligent notifications such as "door left open"
- Compatible with 319.5 MHz wireless panels, such as GE/Interlogix or Qolsys IQ
- Wireless range up to 600 feet from panel
- "S-Line" encryption protects signals
- Built-in tamper switch triggers alert if cover is removed
- Battery-powered, no wiring required
How It Works
The Recessed Door/Window Sensor consists of two components: the sensor and the magnet. The sensor installs into a 3/4-inch hole drilled into the door/window frame (or the door itself if preferred), and the magnet installs on the door/window itself (or the frame if the sensor is installed in the door). When the sensor detects the magnet has moved more than 1 inch, a notification is triggered.
- Using Alarm.com (requires optional subscription), you can get a text if your door or window is left open
- Triggers alerts for tamper, tamper restore, alarm, alarm restore, and low battery
About S-Line Encryption
Qolsys wireless devices that feature S-Line ("Secure Line") technology offer advanced encryption to safeguard your wireless signals against hacking.
The technology employs an advanced encryption scheme between the wireless sensor/device and the control panel to ensure that wireless event transmissions are always unique, preventing and eliminating common replay attacks (when an unscrupulous person uses an easy-to-purchase software-defined radio or "listening device" to replay events that were previously sent by wireless devices paired with a security system.) At time of pairing, S-Line technology passes a unique key which enables the encryption algorithm for unique event transmissions, thereby preventing such replay attacks.
- Recessed Door/Window Sensor
- Rare Earth Magnet
- Battery (pre-installed)
NOTE: Requires connection to a compatible control panel/receiver (319.5 MHz wireless frequency), such as a GE/Interlogix Panel (NetworX, Simon, etc.), Qolsys IQ Panel, Leviton 64-Zone Receiver for GE/Interlogix, Elk M1 Wireless Receiver for GE/Interlogix Crystal Transmitters, or other legacy 319.5 MHz system (all sold separately).
Qolsys: All In One. Always Connected.
Founded in 2010 with the mission to improve lives through technology, Qolsys develops innovative life safety, security, and home control devices built to set a higher standard for the industry. Qolsys products are flexible, intuitive, and reliable. As Qolsys says, "There's never been a better time to get connected."
Compatible 319.5 MHz Wireless Panels/Receivers*
- GE/Interlogix Panel (NetworX, Simon, etc.)
- Qolsys IQ Panel (Version 1 or 2)
- Leviton 64-Zone Receiver for GE/Interlogix (part 42A00-2)
- Elk M1 Wireless Receiver for GE/Interlogix Crystal Transmitters (part ELK-M1XRFEG)
*Panels and receivers are sold separately.
- Manufacturer Part #: QS1134-840
- Color: White
- Battery: 3V CR2 (x1) included; Replace with exact replacement every 5 years.
- Transmitter Frequency: 319.5 MHz
- Wireless Signal Range: 600 feet (200 m), open air.
- Code Outputs: tamper, tamper restore, alarm, alarm restore, low battery. Unique code ID.
- Supervisory Keep-Alive Interval: 70 minutes
- RF Peak Field Strength: typical 36000 uV/m at 3m
- Operating Temperature: 14° to 122°C (-10° to 50°C)
- Relative Humidity: 5 to 95 percent, non-condensing
- Storage Temperature: -40° to 176°F (-40° to 80°C)
- Sensor: 0.75(H) x 2.25(D) inches
- Magnet: 0.63(H) x 075(D) inches
- Approvals: FCC, IC
- Warranty: 1-Year Limited