PulseWorx UPB Powerline Interface Module (PIM) for ELK M1 Controller
Connect Your Elk M1 To A UPB Network
You can easily connect an Elk M1 Control Panel to a USB network with the PulseWorx UPB Powerline Interface Module for Elk M1 Controller. The interface module features an integrated M1XSP Serial Port chip. Simply plug the module into a standard power outlet, connect a from the M1 data bus to the four (4) terminals on the interface module, and perform an M1 data bus enrollment.
- Compact modules requires small amount of space
- Easy connection via 4-wire data bus
- Includes UPB status light (multicolored) and a M1 data bus status light (Green)
- Removable 4-pin terminal block connection
The long distance range of the M1 data bus makes it possible to setup the interface module in the ideal location. An optional Data Bus Hub (ELK-M1DBH) can be used to connect any data bus devices using Cat5/6 cables. Once installed and configured, the interface module will operate without any further attention. All programmed data is protected by non-volatile memory and can only be changed or deleted by reprogramming, regardless of power outage durations.
UPB PulseWorx Lighting Control System
An integral part of a complete PulseWorx Lighting Control System, this device uses the patented UPB powerline communication technology (invented by PCS) to reliably communicate with any other UPB-compatible devices over the existing house electrical wires. No new wires are necessary, thus making PulseWorx perfect for retrofit situations. When initial configuration is complete, a single push of a button is all you need to activate any group of lights (or virtually anything else that connects to AC power wiring) throughout the house simultaneously.
- Manufacturer Part #: ELK-M1PCSPIM
- UPC: 762158550737
- UPB Network circuitry – powered from the AC "Primary" Line.
- M1 Data Bus Device circuitry – powered (12VDC) from the M1 Data Bus (+) and (-) terminals.
- Note: Loss of AC primary power should not result in a missing data bus device trouble.
- Current Draw from M1: ~30mA at 12 VDC
- M1 Bus Device Address: Preset at Address #7 [Requires bus module enrollment]
- Firmware Required: 1.0.42 (std. firmware) or later
UPStart Setup Software
This powerful Windows-based software application, along with a Powerline Interface Module (PIM), allows you to configure and test your UPB network. »Free download here.