Platinum Tools LANSeeker Cable Tester
2-in-1 Tester & Tone Generator
Easily test and troubleshoot twisted pair security and datacom cables using the Platinum Tools LANSeeker Cable Tester. This two-in-one professional tool is perfect for testing both unshielded or shielded twisted pair in residential and commercial installations. The LANSeeker detects shorts, opens, miswires, reversals, and split pairs. Connection and fault information is displayed one pair at a time via LED indicators. The tool also generates audio tones for use with tone tracers on all pairs.
- Supports unshielded or shielded twisted pair cables
- Identifies shorts, opens, miswires, reversed and split pairs
- Generates audio tone for tracing cables
- "Debug mode" diagnoses and displays faults on pair-by-pair basis
- LEDs display results on main unit and remote in less than 2 seconds
The battery-powered LANSeeker Cable Tester consists of a main unit and a self-stored remote. To initiate a test for shorts and other issues, plug one end of your cable into the main unit. To see test results, simply plug the other end of the cable into the remote and connect the remote to the main unit. With no On/Off button, the main unit's battery-saving auto-on feature initiates test results as soon as it senses a connection with the remote. When you disconnect the cable, the tester automatically powers off within 5 seconds.
- LANSeeker Main Unit
- Self-Stored Remote
- 9V Alkaline Battery
Platinum Tools Makes Connections Easy!
Platinum Tools, founded in 1997, was created based upon two very simple objectives. First, develop and source the absolute best possible solutions for the preparation, installation and hand termination of wire and cable. Second, implement an operational infrastructure that can deliver these products in an efficient, timely and high quality manner. All of our products absolutely must satisfy three critical benchmark criteria – Utility of function, Quality of function, and Economic value.
- Manufacturer Part #: TP500C
- Battery Life: Times are for the full capacity of the battery used continuously in one of the following modes (typical, 9V alkaline, included):
- Standby mode: 2.5 hours
- Cable testing mode: 20 hours
- Tone mode: 170 hours
- Cable Type: Shielded or unshielded, CAT3, CAT4, CAT5, CAT5e, and CAT6
- Minimum Cable Length (for testing split pairs): 3 feet (1 m)
- Maximum Cable Length (for testing): 1,000 feet (305 m)
- Coax Cable: 100 ohms maximum DC resistance, center conductor plus shield
- Operating: 32° to 122°F (0° to 50°C)
- Storage: -4° to 158°F (-20° to 70°C)
- Humidity: 10 to 90 percent, non-condensing
- Dimensions: 1.2(H) x 2.85(W) x 14.5(L) inches (3.0 x 7.2 x 14.5 cm)
- Weight: 5.7 ounces (162 g) with battery
- Approvals: CE
- Warranty: 1-Year Limited