Optex 26' Range Microwave Vehicle Presence Sensor with Car Counting
No Underground Wiring!
The Optex 26-Foot Range Microwave Vehicle Presence Sensor with Car Counting detects the presence of moving or stationary vehicles all while having the ability to ignore human movement. The Optex driveway sensor uses doppler shift and FMCW (Frequency-Modulated Continuous-Wave) detection technologies to count moving vehicles, and unlike other vehicle sensor units, the microwave vehicle detector installs above the ground. This eliminates the hassles associated with installing a ground loop. You won't have to worry about cutting concrete or having to stop traffic through your driveway during installation.
The Optex 26-Foot Range Microwave Vehicle Presence Sensor with Car Counting has a detection range of 3 to 26 feet and can detect vehicles with speeds ranging from 1 to 37 mph (2 to 60 km/h). The Optex driveway sensor also features 5 selectable menu settings options to ignore human movement.
- Detects moving or stationary vehicles and uses doppler shift and FMCW detection technologies to count vehicles
- Ignores human movement with 5 selectable menu setting options
- Built-in heater reduces snow on the sensor (automatically activates based on the outside air temperature)
- Installs above ground and is not affected by underground obstructions
- No ground loop necessary for installation
The microwave vehicle detector easily mounts 2 to 3 feet off the ground and wires directly to the gate operator. No additional loop detector, need for special programmers, or need to stop traffic through the driveway during installation are required. A simple to use menu with visual indicators provides a simple and quick installation.
- Vehicle Presence Sensor
- (4) Screws
- Installation Manual
Note: Always install the Optex driveway sensor on the vertical pole that is mounted in or on the ground. Installing a microwave vehicle detector on a tilted pole will result in a detection of the ground by the ultrasonic sensor and correct operation is not ensured.
Optex: The Quality Products People Expect
Optex specialize in passive and active infrared technology, control systems and CCTV products for home and business security. Since its founding in 1979, Optex has established a world-wide reputation for quality, innovation and technical excellence. Their products always represent an investment in performance and long-term satisfaction.
- Manufacturer Part #: OVS-01CC
- Detection Method: Microwave (Doppler shift and FMCW)
- Frequency: 24GHz
- Response Time: 300msec
- Power Supply: 12-24VDC
- Current Consumption:
- Max 200mA (at 24VDC) with Heater ON
- Max 80mA (at 24VDC) when Heater is OFF
- Output 1: Relay output DC20V, 0.3A (NO/NC selectable)
- Output 2: Relay output DC30V, 0.3A (NO/NC selectable)
- Input: NO/NC input
- Detection Range: 3 feet to 26 feet (1 to 8m) Programmable maximum range
- Detectable Vehicle Speed: 1 mph-37 mph (2 to 60 km/h)
- Sensitivity: Level 1 to 5 (inc. Human Cancel Adjust.)
- Output 1: NO/NC
- Output 2: NO/NC
- Max. Range: 3/7/10/13/16/20/23/26 feet (1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8 m)
- Normal Operation: Stand-by: Solid Green, Detection: Solid Red
- Detection Area Check:
- Non-detection: Blinking Green
- Detected: Blinking Yellow
- Calibration: In calibration: Fast blinking blue
- Sensor Reset: Reset completed: Blinking yellow for 2 seconds
- Human Cancellation: Available from Level 1 to 5
- Operation Temperature: -22°F to 122°F (-30°C to 50°C)
- Operation Humidity: 95% max. (non-condensing)
- International Protection Code: IP65
- Installed Condition: Indoor/Outdoor
- Installation Height: Installation Height of 20 inches (500mm)
- Horizontal Angle Adjustment: Horizontally: ±30 deg. (5 deg. steps)
- Weight: 480g (Including accessories)
- Credentials: FCC