Linear Wireless Access Controller, Two Gate or Doors
Versatile Keypad For Secure Entry
For secure access to one or two entryways, install the Linear Wireless Access Controller. This keypad transceiver can control one or two door strikes, mag-locks, barrier gates, automatic gates, or door operators. With its small design and included hardware, the controller is easy to install in a variety of applications.
- Controls door strikes, mag-locks, barrier gates, automatic gates, or door operators
- Easy to add, suspend, and delete transmitters
- Easy to set-up and use
- Supports up to 480 transmitters
The Controller’s built-in high-gain superheterodyne receiver picks up transmitter signals from up to 500 feet away. The optional antenna (included) can extend range even further. Up to 480 Linear MegaCode transmitters and six Model MGT supervised safety edge transmitters can be programmed into the Controller’s memory. Up to 238 entry codes can be programmed for activation by one or more MegaCode wireless keypads. The Controller will retain its memory even without power.
Contact Relay Outputs
The Controller includes three dry contact relay outputs. One relay is dedicated to access control, another dedicated to obstacle detection, and the third relay is programmable for either access or obstacle. Access relays can be set for timed or latch-on/latch-off toggle operation.
The on or off toggle state of a relay is maintained even after power interruption. For entrapment detection, obstacle relays activate from MGT safety edge transmitters and connect to the obstacle input of the access device. OPEN REQUEST input terminals are supplied for hardwired activation of the access devices with an external pushbutton or keyswitch.
The Controller monitors each MGT safety edge transmitter for hourly status reports, tamper signals, and low battery signals. A beep sounds every 5 seconds if a fault occurs. The trouble source can also be displayed. An access transmitter must be activated twice to trigger the access relay if a supervisory trouble condition exists on any MGT transmitter.
The Controller is powered by 12-24 Volts AC or DC. The Form C relay outputs can switch up to 1 Amp each. An EARTH GROUND terminal is provided as a recommended connection for maximum lightning and static protection.
- Installation hardware
Security Products, Access Control & More By Linear
For more than forty years Linear LLC has been known as a worldwide provider of radio based transmitters and receivers for the traditional security market. Millions of Linear transmitters have been sold over the years. Linear security products are offered via a worldwide network of distribution. While Linear continues to be a leading supplier of devices for the security market, we have expanded our product lines to include focused product lines in the Access Control, Remote Control and Garage Door Operator markets.
- Standard Equipment: 9-1/2 inch whip antenna; 3 feet of coaxial cable; barrel connector
- Compatible Linear Products:
- MDT-1B: 1-Channel Block Coded Visor Transmitter
- MDT-2B: 3-Channel Block Coded Visor Transmitter
- MDT-4B: 5-Channel Block Coded Visor Transmitter
- MT-1B: 1-Channel Block Coded Visor Transmitter
- MT-2B: 2-Channel Block Coded Visor Transmitter
- ACT-31C: 1-Channel Custom Block Coded Key Ring Transmitter
- ACT-34C: 4-Channel Custom Block Coded Key Ring Transmitter
- ACT-31D: 1-Channel Block Coded Key Ring TRANS PROX Transmitter and Proximity Tag
- ACT-34D: 4-Channel Block Coded Key Ring TRANS PROX Transmitter and Proximity Tag
- MGT: Gate Safety Edge Transmitter
- Relay: 3 form "C" relays, rated at 1 amp at 24 volts AC or DC; access, obstacle, and one configurable to either access or obstacle
- Display: 3 seven-segment displays to provide system activity and program data; LEDs used in conjunction with displays to provide transmitter and radio activity
- RF: Integral 318 MHz superheterodyne receiver at -100 dBm sensitivity (nominal); receives MegaCode transmitters
- Open Request: Terminal input and button activation triggers the control relay
- Keypad: Integral 16-key membrane style keypad with tactile feedback
- Power: 12 to 24 volts AC or DC, 190 mA maximum
- Operating Temperature: -22 to 170° F (-30 to 77° C)
- Dimensions: 4.45 (W) x 5.75 (H) x 1.5 (D) inches – without antenna