Leviton Surge Protective Duplex Receptacle, 20A
LED Monitor / Indicator Light
Series 5380 duplex receptacles provide hard-wired, point-of-use surge protection for electronic equipment used on 20 Amp 125 Volt branch circuits. These receptacles use conventional ground.
These duplex receptacles are designed for use where transient voltage surge suppressors are specified and hard-wired devices are preferred. The receptacle comes with matching-color wallplates and are suitable for a wide range of industrial, commercial and residential applications. MOV-based circuitry provides surge protection for normal and common modes (phase-neutral, phase-ground and neutral-ground). The 5380 series are provided with a LED indicator which monitors surge suppression status. The audible alarm can be disabled by a set-screw located under removable label on the device face.The receptacles have been tested to ANSI/IEEE C62.41 standards for Category A and B environments and are UL 1449 (2nd Edition) Listed.
Steady, green LED indicates that the unit is powered and protection is active. If the light is off, protection is NOT active and receptacle should be replaced. In addition, the 7380 employs audible alarm with disable feature.
NOTE: Wallplate is included.
Protect The Whole Home
The popularity of home offices, the internet and home theaters means that there are more home electronics that are vulnerable to voltage surges than ever before. A Whole-House protection plan must protect against voltage surges on both the powerline and the telephone or communication lines. Homeowners may be unaware that surges can enter their expensive electronic equipment (modems, FAX machines, answering machines, TV's and VCR's) through telephone lines and cable TV or satellite dish connections. Most surge protective devices (SPD's) designed for the AC powerline will not prevent telephone or communication line surges from damaging valuable equipment. As a result, Leviton offers a complete selection of SPD's for powerline, telephone and communication line applications.
- Ideal for point-of-use surge protection in industrial, commercial and residential applications
- Normal and common mode surge protection (line to neutral, neutral to ground and line to ground)
- LED monitor/indicator light shows protection status at a glance
- Decora designer-style receptacle compliments any interior and coordinates with Leviton's complete line of Decora wiring devices.
- Single-gang matching wallplate included.
- Housing Impact-resistant thermoplastic
- Physical Dimensions Designed for standard, single-gang wallbox
- Mounting Mounting screws, matching wallplate included
- Wiring Back and side wire terminals accept 14 – 10 AWG conductors
- Grounding: Self Grounding
- Feature: Surge
- Amperage: 20 Amp
- Voltage: 125 Volt
- NEMA: 5-20R
- Pole: 2
- Wire: 3
- Termination: Back and Side
- Face Material: Thermoplastic Nylon
- Body Material: Thermoplastic Nylon
- Strap Material: Steel
- Standards and Certifications: UL/CSA
- Joules Rating: 720
- UL1449 Impulse 6kV/500A L-N: 400V
- Max Surge Current L-N: 24kA
- Noise Rejection: -30dB at 500kHz-30MHz
- Diagnostics: Indicator Light
- Operating Temperature Range: -10° to 60° C
- Storage Temperature Range: -20° to 85° C
- Color: Ivory, White, Gray, Blue, Brown
- Warranty: 10 Year Limited (through Leviton)