Hamilton CapTel 840i Captioned Telephone
See What They Say
The Hamilton CapTel 840i Closed-Captioned Telephone provides accurate, real-time captions to show you what a caller is saying when you're on the phone. It works like a traditional phone, but includes volume amplification and text display to solve communication problems caused by mild to severe hearing loss.
This model includes a built-in answering machine that records both voice messages and their captions. It even supports digital cable or VOIP telephone services. Remove frustration and enjoy your conversations with a CapTel phone.
- Captions appear automatically on all calls
- Adjustable font sizes and colors
- Extra large display screen tilts for comfortable reading
- Captions can be turned on or off at any time in a call
- Adjustable volume control
- One-touch access to CapTel Customer Service
- Speed dial keys for one-touch dialing
- Easy-to-follow menu system with Yes/No questions
- Supports English and Spanish speakers
How It Works
The Wi-Fi compatible Hamilton CapTel 840i Closed-Captioned Telephone connects to both your phone service and the Internet. The Internet connection links the phone to a Captioning Service that uses voice-recognition technology to transcribe your conversations at no additional charge. The captions are sent back over the Internet to your CapTel 840i phone, and appear in the display window for you to read.
- CapTel 840i Phone
- Telephone Cord
- Power Adapter
- Ethernet Cable
- CapTel Installation How-To Guide
- Warranty Card
- High-speed Internet access (connects to Ethernet jack or WiFi wirelessnetwork). A router may also be required to connect more than one device to yourInternet service.
- Telephone service (can be analog line, VOIP, FIOS, DSL or digitalcable phone service. Cannot be cellular service.) Not compatible with PBXsystems unless analog port available.
- Standardelectrical power (AC adapter plugs into standard wall outlet).
To be eligible to use Closed-Captioned Telephone Service, any individual purchasing a Closed-Captioned Telephone must register and certify that they have a hearing loss and need IP Closed-Captioned Telephone Service to communicate over the telephone. Some restrictions apply.
Third-party charges may apply: the Hamilton CapTel phone requires telephone service and high-speed Internet access. Wi-Fi capable. FEDERAL LAW PROHIBITS ANYONE BUT REGISTERED USERS WITH HEARING LOSS FROM USING INTERNET PROTOCOL (IP) CAPTIONED TELEPHONES WITH THE CAPTIONS TURNED ON. IP Captioned Telephone Service may use a live operator. The operator generates captions of what the other party to the call says. These captions are then sent to your phone. There is a cost for each minute of captions generated, paid from a federally administered fund. To learn more, visit www.fcc.gov. Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners. Copyright ©2020 Hamilton Relay. Hamilton is a registered trademark of Nedelco, Inc. d/b/a/ Hamilton Telecommunications. CapTel is a registered trademark of Ultratec, Inc.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Hamilton Captel is not available to ship outside the U.S.
Hamilton Relay, a division of Hamilton Telecommunications, has been providing telecommunications relay services for individuals with hearing loss since 1991. Hamilton Relay focuses on what matters most to relay users: fast connect times and highly professional Communication Assistants who facilitate calls seamlessly. Most importantly, Hamilton Relay understands that each relay user is unique. They listen to customers and work to match the right services to specific situations, not just filling a need, but empowering and enhancing lives.
- Manufacturer Part #: 756-002600-HAM
- Size: 9 x 6.5 x 7.5 inches
- Weight: 2 pounds 10 ounces
- AC Adapter: 6 VDC, 1670 mA (barrel is negative), Adapter is UL/CSA listed.
- Large Keys: 0.75 x 0.7 inches
- Display: Backlit, graphical LCD color display, 320 x 240 pixels
- Function Buttons:
- 3 Programmable Speed Dial
- 1 Customer Service Speed Dial
- Redial, Flash, Mute, Tone, Caption, Volume, Up/Down/Yes/No
- Caller ID capable
- Captions on: 0 to 40 dB gain
- Captions off: 0 to 18 dB gain
- Ringer: off, low, medium, high (0-87 dB at 1 meter)
- Indicator Lights: Mute, Volume Levels (1 through 12), Captions On/Off
- Handset: HAC (Hearing Aid Compatible), K-style
- Phone Book (97 entries)
- Speed Dial (3 entries)
- Redial (Last 10 dialed numbers)
- Telephone line: requires RJ11 connection (can be standard analog line, VOIP, DSL, FIOS. Does not support digital PBX system unless analog port available).
- 3.5 mm Neckloop/Headset
- 2.5 mm Headset with microphone
- AC power
- FCC approved
- FCC registration number: US D8KMM06BCAPTEL800
- REN: 0.6B
- Conversation Memory: Approximately 480 lines of text