Greenfield Z-Wave Automatic Security Valve Kit
Add Z-Wave Control to Your Water Supply Line
When connected to your Z-Wave system, the complete Greenfield Z-Wave Automatic Security Valve Kit enables Z-Wave remote control for your home's water supply. Designed to help protect your property from water damage and give you added peace of mind, the kit also works in conjunction with Z-Wave sensors (sold separately), such as a flood sensor. As soon as a leak is noticed, the security valve kit can be manually operated to turn off your water supply, or if setup with Z-Wave sensors, it can turn off the supply automatically.
- Valve opens and closes quickly for reliable protection
- Actuator provides feedback when the valve is open or closed
- Includes Z-Wave module for use with most Z-Wave controllers
- Approved for drinking water applications in all 50 states
The kit's high-torque electric actuator and valve connect to your water supply. Because the rugged actuator is waterproof and weatherproof, it can be installed either indoors or outdoors. This provides 24/7 remote access to the water supply.
The full port valve features a manual handle for emergency override of the system. The three-piece carbon steel valve body comprises a stainless steel ball, body, and stem, with FNPT threads. The valve is approved for use with water, oil, and gas applications, and is pressure rated to 600 PSI (1 inch) and 1,000 PSI (1/2-inch to 2 inches) at 70 degrees F.
You can manually open and close your ball valve anytime with the included manual handle. Remote control is enabled when you wire the actuator into the included FortrezZ MIMOlite Z-Wave module, and pair the module with your Z-Wave controller (sold separately). Z-Wave integration also allows the actuator to provide feedback indicating whether the valve is open or closed.
How the Z-Wave Module Works
The included FortrezZ MIMOlite Z-Wave module is capable of converting a digital or analog voltage input and/or a Z-Wave RF message input into a dry contact relay output and/or a Z-Wave RF message output, making it incredibly flexible for a wide variety of applications. It has an input for digital or analog devices operating at 0 to 16VDC (or up to 16Hz for pulse counting), and it has a true 12V-24V dry voltage relay output (normally open/normally closed) with a maximum switching power of 120W.
The module supports either latching or momentary/pulsing applications. When used as a momentary relay, you can adjust the timing from 32 milliseconds (default) up to 3 seconds.
- FortrezZ MIMOlite (MIMOLITEUS)
- Manual Handle
- Power Supply
NOTE: Requires a Z-Wave network controller, sold separately.
About Greenfield Direct
For more than 35 years, GreenField Direct has focused on manufacturing water detection security products with rigorous standards regarding design and performance. By leveraging its extensive industry knowledge, service expertise and technological capabilities, GreenField offers proven products that give homeowners effective water detection solutions and greater peace of mind.
- Manufacturer Part #:
- 1/2 In. Pipe: ASV050-Z
- 3/4 In. Pipe: ASV075-Z
- 1 In. Pipe: ASV100-Z
- 1-1/2 In. Pipe: ASV150-Z
- 2 In. Pipe: ASV200-Z
- Warranty: 1 Year
- Housing Ratings: NEMA 6P (waterproof), NEMA 7D (ignition proof)
- Certifications: UL listed
- Input: 100-240V ~50/60Hz 1.0A MAX
- Output: 18V 2.22A
- Power Requirements: 12/24 VDC or 24 VAC
- Recommended Power Supply: PS100
- Uniform Plumbing Code (UPC) Certification and National Plumbing Code of Canada (cUPC) Certification: Manufactured in Compliance with ASME A112.18.1-2005 / CSA B125.1-2005. Deals with plumbing fixtures and fittings and their operation, durability, and ability to meet the specified pressures and temperatures.
- NSF/ANSI 61: Manufactured in compliance with NSF/ANSI 61-2010a. Deals with drinking water system components and the health effects.
- California Low Lead: Manufactured in compliance with Section 116875 of the California Health and Safety Code. The wetted surfaces of pipes, pipe fittings, plumbing fittings and fixtures, as determined by a weighted average is 0.25 percent lead or less.
FortrezZ MIMOlite (MIMOLITEUS)
- Power: 9-16 VDC from a power supply at ~300mA capability (included)
- Frequency: 908.4MHz (U.S.) Z-Wave
- Wireless Range: Max 100 feet line of sight in unobstructed environment
- Input Signal 1 (SIG1): Digital or Analog Input 0 to 16VDC or 16 Hz Max for pulse counting (minimum 32 ms high or low time). The trigger levels and hysteresis can be set via the Configuration Command Class for the two endpoints.
- Input Signal Impedance: For SIG1: Z=66 ohms at 10KHz. This impedance is = 66 ohm = 34 ohm + j 540uH.
- Output Relay 1: DPDT, Max. Switching power of 120W; 10uA to 10A; High Dielectric strength coil-contacts: 1,000VAC.
- Open Contacts: 750VAC; Conforms to FCC Part 68 requirements; Ag + Au clad bifurcated contacts fully sealed.
- System Requirement: Any Z-Wave enabled network and controller
- Operating Temperature: 14° to 158°F (-10° to 70°C)
- Enclosure Size: 3-3/8(L) x 2-1/2(W) x 1-1/4(D) inches (85 x 64 x 30mm)
- Weight: 4 ounces (100 g)
- Approvals: FCC, IC
»Greenfield Automatic Security Valve Brochure (.pdf)
»Greenfield Automatic Security Valve User Manual (.pdf)
»GreenField Automatic Security Valve for FortrezZ MIMOlite Installation Manual (.pdf)
»FortrezZ MIMOlite Wireless Interface/Bridge Module Installation Manual (.pdf)
»FortrezZ MIMOlite Wireless Interface/Bridge Module Technical Drawing (.pdf)
»FortrezZ MIMOlite for Vera Controllers Installation Manual (.pdf)
»FortrezZ MIMOlite and HomeSeer HS2 Binary Sensor Reporting Application Note (.pdf)