Global Caché iTach, Wi-Fi to Contact Closure
Invent Your Own "IP-Enabled" Relay Devices
Remotely control up to three contact closure relay devices over a wireless Internet connection by combining them with the Global Caché iTach for Contact Closure Devices (WiFi). The iTach features a wireless interface for easy setup, and is compatible with nearly all network-connected 3rd-party systems available.
If you have access to at least one of the three following control options, you can unleash the power of iTach on your relay devices: 1) PC-based control software, 2) iOS/Android control apps (such as iRule), or 3) a high-end control system. Yep, even if your only control system is an iPhone, you're in iTach business.
- Connects up to 3 contact closure devices to the Internet via WiFi
- Enables remote/automated monitoring and control for almost any relay device
- Works with PC software, iOS/Android control apps, and high-end control systems
- Based on open standards for easy integration into most 3rd-party systems
- Compact design, fits anywhere in your home (just over 3" long and 2" wide)
- Built-in IR learner and onboard web server make for easy setup (HTTP, DHCP)
- Flash upgradeable for firmware enhancements in the field
What is the Global Caché iTach?
Each one of the nine different models in the Global Caché iTach series is a simple device that allows you to connect nearly any infrared (IR), serial (RS232), or contact closure (relay) device to your home network (the Internet). Once your device is connected to the Internet through the iTach, that device becomes "IP-enabled", meaning you can access and control it over the Internet. Each iTach unit supports up to eight simultaneous network connections.
The iTach is perfect for creating an ultra-customized home automation and/or security system. With the Global Caché iTach in your control arsenal, you can add intelligence to just about any electronic device in your home or business.
Choose the Best Connection Type
The Global Caché iTach product line includes a model for each of three types of devices (IR, serial, or contact closure), as well as each type of Internet connection (Wired, WiFi, or Wired PoE).
This Contact Closure model is used to connect up to three contact closure relay devices to your network via WiFi. Please Note, all other models are sold separately. This model must be connected to the network via WiFi (requires wireless Internet router) and powered by the included plug-in power adapter.
Integrate iTach into Your Control System
Global Caché, makers of the iTach, have partnered with almost every software control and home automation company out there. The iTach is widely compatible with 3rd-party systems due to Global Caché's published API, which enables anyone, anywhere to develop a driver that allows a 3rd-party system to control your iTach-connected devices.
See additional product features under the Specifications tab.
- iTach for Contact Closure Devices (WiFi)
- Power Adapter
- USB Cable
- Quickstart Guide
IMPORTANT NOTE: Global Caché products are not available to ship outside the U.S. Please contact Global Caché directly for international orders.
Simply Connect With Global Caché
The Global Caché family of connectivity products provides choices for the industry professional and the consumer – significantly reducing costs and providing a scalable platform for today and the future. Global Caché's belief in open systems and the evolution of the automation market is being played out today, since cost-effective PC-based and phone-based control applications are now becoming widely available. iTach devices, Network Adapters, and other Global Caché connectivity products have radically changed the automation dynamic. These products are engineered to integrate easily into any control environment, even high-end proprietary systems, providing a path to open systems and better competitive leverage.
- Serial Interface:
- Connector: Female DB9
- Baud Rate: 9600
- Other: No parity, one stop bit
- Flow Control: None
- Power: Supplied by RTS (pin 7) – must be 8 to 25 volts @ 5mA
- Data Rate: 32 to 500 KHz
- Encoding: Comma delimited ASCII text string with termination character.
The Global Caché IR Learner comes with the necessary software on CD.
- GC-IRL IR Learner Utility (version 2.0) – This is the companion application which is included on the CD shipped with GC-IRL products. This utility allows for the capture of IR commands and conversion to GC-100 and CCF formats. This program requires the Microsoft .NET Framework Version 1.1. If Microsoft .NET is not installed on your computer, you will be prompted to install it while installing the GC-IRL IR Learner Utility.
- Microsoft .Net Framework Version 1.1 is required to run some Global Caché applications. Download the .zip file, open it and run the program dotnetfx.exe to install.