Global Caché iTach, IP to Serial with PoE
Invent Your Own "IP-Enabled" Serial Devices
Perfect for locations that don't have an easy-access power outlet, the Global Caché iTach for Serial Devices (Wired with PoE) allows you to enable IP control for up to three serial (RS232) controlled devices. Once connected to the Internet through the iTach, your serial devices can be controlled from anywhere you have an Internet connection! The iTach is easy to setup and works with just about any network-connected 3rd-party system out there.
If you have access to at least one of the three following control options, you can unleash the power of iTach on your serial devices: 1) PC-based control software, 2) iOS/Android control apps (such as iRule), or 3) a high-end control system. Yep, even if your only control system is an iPhone, you're in iTach business.
- Connects up to 3 serial (RS232) devices to the Internet via Wired PoE
- Enables remote/automated monitoring and control for almost any serial device
- Works with PC software, iOS/Android control apps, and high-end control systems
- Based on open standards for easy integration into most 3rd-party systems
- Compact design, fits anywhere in your home (just over 3" long and 2" wide)
- Built-in IR learner and onboard web server make for easy setup (HTTP, DHCP)
- Flash upgradeable for firmware enhancements in the field
What is the Global Caché iTach?
Each one of the nine different models in the Global Caché iTach series is a simple device that allows you to connect nearly any infrared (IR), serial (RS232), or contact closure (relay) device to your home network (the Internet). Once your device is connected to the Internet through the iTach, that device becomes "IP-enabled", meaning you can access and control it over the Internet. Each iTach unit supports up to eight simultaneous network connections.
The iTach is perfect for creating an ultra-customized home automation and/or security system. With the Global Caché iTach in your control arsenal, you can add intelligence to just about any electronic device in your home or business.
Choose the Best Connection Type
The Global Caché iTach product line includes a model for each of three types of devices (IR, serial, or contact closure), as well as each type of Internet connection (Wired, WiFi, or Wired PoE).
This Serial model is used to connect up to three serial (RS232) devices to your network via Wired PoE (Power over Ethernet, no power adapter needed). Please Note, all other models are sold separately. This model must be connected to the network via WiFi (wireless Internet router required) and powered by the included plug-in power adapter.
Integrate iTach into Your Control System
Global Caché, makers of the iTach, have partnered with almost every software control and home automation company out there. The iTach is widely compatible with 3rd-party systems due to Global Caché's published API, which enables anyone, anywhere to develop a driver that allows a 3rd-party system to control your iTach-connected devices.
See additional product features under the Specifications tab.
- iTach for Serial Devices (Wired with PoE)
- Power Adapter
- USB Cable
- Quickstart Guide
IMPORTANT NOTE: Global Caché products are not available to ship outside the U.S. Please contact Global Caché directly for international orders.
Simply Connect With Global Caché
The Global Caché family of connectivity products provides choices for the industry professional and the consumer – significantly reducing costs and providing a scalable platform for today and the future. Global Caché's belief in open systems and the evolution of the automation market is being played out today, since cost-effective PC-based and phone-based control applications are now becoming widely available. iTach devices, Network Adapters, and other Global Caché connectivity products have radically changed the automation dynamic. These products are engineered to integrate easily into any control environment, even high-end proprietary systems, providing a path to open systems and better competitive leverage.
- RS 232 Port: Male DB9 Connector; 1200 baud to 115 Kbaud Data Rates Supported; Odd, Even, and None Parity Settings; Bi-directional hardware RTS/CTS Flow Control
- Network Connection: RJ45 Connector; 100/10 Base-T Ethernet Protocol; Adheres to TCP, DHCP and HTTP Standards
- Setup: Integrated web server for easy configuration; Configure through TCP/IP setup commands
- iHelp Setup Utility: Downloadable iHelp software simplifies network discovery and setup
- IR Learning Utility: Downloadable iLearn software allows for the capture and playback of IR commands for control uses
- LED Indicators: Power and connectivity Indicators
Global Caché Partners that provide compatible iPad/iPod/iPhone/Android control apps include (but are not limited to):
- JDS Technologies
- MBH Remote
- Perceptive Automation
- Roomie Remote
- tin:b Software
- Touch Squid
- Worried Cat Mote
- Xpertise Consulting
- Manufacturer Part #: IP2SL
- Power Input: 5 to 16V DC@300mA (wall power adapter included); USB power cable draws power from USB port (included)
- Device Packaging: Aluminum extrusion case, rubber end caps and plastic face plates
- Weight: 3.25 ounces (6 oz. with power supply)
- Dimensions: 3.25(L) x 2.25(W) x 1.25(H) inches
- Shipping Box Dimensions: 9.0(L) x 3.5(W) x 2.0(H) inches
- Certifications: FCC (Part 15, Class B), C-tick, CE; RoHs compliant
- Warranty: 2-Year Limited