Global Caché iTach, IP to Contact Closure
Invent Your Own "IP-Enabled" Relay Devices
Be the creator of your own smart devices by connecting up to three contact closure relay devices to the Internet using the Global Caché iTach for Contact Closure Devices (Wired). The iTach is easy to setup and works with just about any network-connected 3rd-party system out there.
If you have access to at least one of the three following control options, you can unleash the power of iTach on your relay devices: 1) PC-based control software, 2) iOS/Android control apps (such as iRule), or 3) a high-end control system. Yep, even if your only control system is an iPhone, you're in iTach business.
- Connects up to 3 contact closure devices to the Internet via Wired Ethernet
- Enables remote/automated monitoring and control for almost any relay device
- Works with PC software, iOS/Android control apps, and high-end control systems
- Based on open standards for easy integration into most 3rd-party systems
- Compact design, fits anywhere in your home (just over 3" long and 2" wide)
- Built-in IR learner and onboard web server make for easy setup (HTTP, DHCP)
- Flash upgradeable for firmware enhancements in the field
What is the Global Caché iTach?
Each one of the nine different models in the Global Caché iTach series is a simple device that allows you to connect nearly any infrared (IR), serial (RS232), or contact closure (relay) device to your home network (the Internet). Once your device is connected to the Internet through the iTach, that device becomes "IP-enabled", meaning you can access and control it over the Internet. Each iTach unit supports up to eight simultaneous network connections.
The iTach is perfect for creating an ultra-customized home automation and/or security system. With the Global Caché iTach in your control arsenal, you can add intelligence to just about any electronic device in your home or business.
Choose the Best Connection Type
The Global Caché iTach product line includes a model for each of three types of devices (IR, serial, or contact closure), as well as each type of Internet connection (Wired, WiFi, or Wired PoE).
This Contact Closure model is used to connect up to three contact closure relay devices to your network via Wired Ethernet. Please Note, all other models are sold separately. This model must be connected to the network via Ethernet cable (not included) and powered by the included plug-in power adapter (not PoE).
Integrate iTach into Your Control System
Global Caché, makers of the iTach, have partnered with almost every software control and home automation company out there. The iTach is widely compatible with 3rd-party systems due to Global Caché's published API, which enables anyone, anywhere to develop a driver that allows a 3rd-party system to control your iTach-connected devices.
See additional product features under the Specifications tab.
- iTach for Contact Closure Devices (Wired)
- Power Adapter
- USB Cable
- Quickstart Guide
IMPORTANT NOTE: Global Caché products are not available to ship outside the U.S. Please contact Global Caché directly for international orders.
Simply Connect With Global Caché
The Global Caché family of connectivity products provides choices for the industry professional and the consumer – significantly reducing costs and providing a scalable platform for today and the future. Global Caché's belief in open systems and the evolution of the automation market is being played out today, since cost-effective PC-based and phone-based control applications are now becoming widely available. iTach devices, Network Adapters, and other Global Caché connectivity products have radically changed the automation dynamic. These products are engineered to integrate easily into any control environment, even high-end proprietary systems, providing a path to open systems and better competitive leverage.
- Smart end-points enhance and connect standalone devices
- Standard 3.5mm jack supports almost any protocol using Flex Link cable
- Built-in HTTP support for simple and instant network connectivity
- Downloadable iLearn software allows capture and playback of IR commands
- Downloadable iHelp software simplifies network discovery and setup
- 4MB flash memory – store web pages and files accessible via URL
- 4-conductor Global Port allows for versatility using Flex Link cables
- Built in IR learning and access commands to cloud-based IR database
- Made in the USA and RoHS compliant
- Power Input:
- 5V DC at 250mA (90 to 230V wall power adapter included)
- USB micro adapter cable draws power from USB port (included)
- Network Connection: Wireless/WiFi – Infrastructure and adhoc network types. WiFi 802.11g with on-board antenna. WPA/WPA2 (TKIP, AES and Mixed). WEP 64 bit and 128 bit. WPS.
- LED Indicators: Power and connectors to indicate activity and status
- Global Port: 4 Conductor connection (TRRS: tip, ring, ring, sleeve)
- Male DB9 with automatic configuration sensing
- 600 baud to 115.2 Kbaud data rates supported
- Odd, Even, and None parity settings
- Bi-directional with hardware RTS/CTS flow control
- Flex Link Cables: Supports IR Out, IR Blaster, IR Tri-Port and Serial
- IR Output: From 20 to 500 KHz. 3.5mm connector.
- Control APIs:
- TCP: ASCII textual commands compatible with iTach and GC-100 protocol. Comma delimited, carriage return terminated.
- HTTP: New web-based control using HTTP commands with JSON payload data.
- Dimensions: 2.55(L) x 1.22(W) x 0.48(H) inches
- Certifications: FCC (Part 15, Class B), C-tick, RoHs compliant