Global Caché iTach Flex Wi-Fi
Instantly Enables Wi-Fi Control For Any Electronic Device
The Global Caché iTach Flex WiFi instantly enables WiFi control for electronic devices, allowing you to automate almost any device, system, or protocol. Remotely control the connected device using an app on a smartphone, tablet, or any other user interface. By adding intelligence to the enabled device, events and tasks can be automatically triggered, adding convenience to the electronics you use every day.
- Connects almost any electrical device to a WiFi network
- Access, monitor, automate, and control standalone equipment
- Web-based control protocol using HTTP
- Mounting dock for simple installation
Winner of the International CES Innovations 2013
Design and Engineering Honoree Award
The iTach Flex system comprises two components: the included compact WiFi-enabling module (WiFi) and a connecting Flex Link cable (sold separately). Flex Link cables come in a variety of configurations (RS-232, IR, contact closure) to support almost any electrical device. The cable simply connects to your WiFi module via the 3.5mm jack, and connects to your device via the appropriate connector.
Once the pieces are connected, the iTach Flex offers remote control with control apps in the iTunes Store and Android Marketplace. The unit includes a 4MB flash drive that enables use of local memory, allowing you to store web pages and files in a standard FAT file system. These files are accessible from any location, on or outside the network, and allow for web page control of your devices.
Entertainment systems are the most common household devices to be controlled, and most of those devices respond to IR codes, the infrared commands sent by your typical remote control. Integrated tightly with the iTach Flex is a no-charge, cloud-based service that instantly provides the required IR codes for the equipment being controlled. The ease-of-use and versatility of the cloud-based system ensures compatibility and expandability of any system. The iTach Flex also offers built-in IR learning.
- iTach Flex Module (WiFi)
- Wall Power Adapter
- USB Micro Adapter
Note: To connect the iTach Flex to your electrical device, you will need to determine your device's required connector (RS-232, IR, contact closure) and purchase the corresponding Flex Link cable.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Global Caché products are not available to ship outside the U.S. Please contact Global Caché directly for international orders.
Simply Connect With Global Caché
The Global Caché family of connectivity products provides choices for the industry professional and the consumer – significantly reducing costs and providing a scalable platform for today and the future. Global Caché's belief in open systems and the evolution of the automation market is being played out today, since cost-effective PC-based and phone-based control applications are now becoming widely available. iTach devices, Network Adapters, and other Global Caché connectivity products have radically changed the automation dynamic. These products are engineered to integrate easily into any control environment, even high-end proprietary systems, providing a path to open systems and better competitive leverage.
- Smart end-points enhance and connect standalone devices
- Standard 3.5mm jack supports almost any protocol using Flex Link cable
- Built-in HTTP support for simple and instant network connectivity
- Downloadable iLearn software allows capture and playback of IR commands
- Downloadable iHelp software simplifies network discovery and setup
- 4MB flash memory – store web pages and files accessible via URL
- 4-conductor Global Port allows for versatility using Flex Link cables
- Built in IR learning and access commands to cloud-based IR database
- Made in the USA and RoHS compliant
- Manufacturer Part #: FLEX-IP-P
- Power Input: 802.3af compliant Power over Ethernet (PoE)
- Network Connection: RJ45, 10/100Mbps
- LED Indicators: Power and connectors to indicate activity and status
- Global Port: 4 Conductor connection (TRRS: tip, ring, ring, sleeve)
- Male DB9 with automatic configuration sensing
- 600 baud to 115.2 Kbaud data rates supported
- Odd, Even, and None parity settings
- Bi-directional with hardware RTS/CTS flow control
- Flex Link Cables: Supports IR Out, IR Blaster, IR Tri-Port and Serial
- IR Output: From 20 to 500 KHz. 3.5mm connector.
- Control APIs:
- TCP: ASCII textual commands compatible with iTach and GC-100 protocol. Comma delimited, carriage return terminated.
- HTTP: New web-based control using HTTP commands with JSON payload data.
- Dimensions: : 2.58(L) x 1.22(W) x 0.82(H) inches
- Certifications: FCC (Part 15, Class B), C-tick, RoHs compliant