Elk Electric Water Shut-Off Valve
Add To Any Automation Or Security Panel
Imagine a pipe suddenly bursting in your home. What happens next? Costly water damage, if you don't catch the leak in time. But nothing terrible happens at all if you install the Elk Electric Water Shut-Off Valve. This electric water shutoff valve installs on your home's main water line and connects to a home automation or security controller. If something goes awry, the controller can trigger the valve to immediately shut off the main water supply to the building. The water flow stops and your home is protected!
- Shuts off water supply in under two seconds
- Suitable for indoor or outdoor use
- Simple 12VDC, four (4) conductor hookup
- Valve direction/water flow indication
In order for the valve to automatically activate, it must be triggered either automatically by a single pole, double throw (SPDT) relay or manually with an SPDT emergency button. The valve can also be opened/closed anytime using its manual override handle.
Approved for Residential and Commercial Use
The Elk Electric Water Shut-Off Valve features a 1-inch full bore stainless steel ball valve with commercial grade seats and seals. This valve does not restrict water flow and meets the NSF and NEMA approvals of state and municipal water authorities. The motorized actuator has a permanently lubricated gear drive with sufficient torque to open or close the valve under high pressure or after long periods of inactivity.
Note: Requires a 12VDC voltage source (not included).
Premium Products For Security & Automation
Elk Products designs and manufactures quality electronic equipment for the professional security alarm and home automation installer. Our products include siren drivers, speakers, relays, timers, programmable controls, surge suppressors, telephone equipment, amplifiers, recordable units, batteries and more.
- Manufacturer Part #: ELK-WSV2
- Type: Full Port, 2-Way Ball Valve
- Material: Stainless Steel Grade 316
- Enclosure: NEMA 6P and 7D Enclosure
- Fittings: 1" NPT threaded pipe connections
- Power Supply: 12 Volts DC
- Nominal Current Draw: 800 mA to 1.5 Amp
- Actuating Speed:< 2 seconds
- Torque: 1.25 in. lbs.
- Connections: 18 gauge, 4 conductor cord
- Dimensions: 7.75(H) x 4.5(W) x 4(D) inches
- Approvals: NSF61 Approved for Drinking Water
- Warranty: 2 years