Elk Battery Life Tester
Used To Test 12 Volt Rechargeable Batteries
The ELK-BLT Battery Life Tester or .Mhos Meter. is a compact, easy to use service tool for testing 12 Volt rechargeable batteries. The ELK-BLT measures internal conductivity (Mhos), which is the best indicator of a battery's health and life expectancy. Mhos happens to be the inverse of Ohms (conductance as opposed to resistance).
The ELK-BLT operates as follows: For each battery brand and size installed you should start by measuring and recording a baseline Mhos reading. Then, during any service call or inspection simply measure and record the current (most recent) Mhos reading. Always compare the current Mhos reading with the original reading. Self-adhesive test data labels may be used for recording each inspection. When the current Mhos reading has reached at or around 71% of the original baseline then it is time to consider changing the battery. The ELK-BLT includes a reference chart on the back with numbers equating to Mhos readings for common security industry battery sizes.
The ELK-BLT receives its operating power from the battery under test and automatically warns when the battery voltage is too low for testing.
- Does not discharge or damage the battery.
- Tests 12 Volt Rechargeable Batteries.
- Display Shows Battery Voltage and Mhos.
- Warns if battery voltage is too low.
- Replaceable test leads.
- Includes padded carrying case.
- Includes self-adhesive test data labels.
Premium Products For Security & Automation
Elk Products designs and manufactures quality electronic equipment for the professional security alarm and home automation installer. Our products include siren drivers, speakers, relays, timers, programmable controls, surge suppressors, telephone equipment, amplifiers, recordable units, batteries and more.
- Operating Voltage: 10.0V – 14 Volts D.C.
- Current Draw: 1.1 Amps Max., 0.0016 Ah for full test.
- Battery Leads: ~12 Inches.
- Size: 4.4" W x 3" H x 1.15" D w/o carrying case.