Elk 2-Way Wireless Glass Break Sensor
Detects The Sound Of Breaking Windows & Glass Doors
The Elk 2-Way Wireless Glass Break Sensor mounts on a wall or ceiling and listens for the sound of breaking glass, allowing you to receive an alert if a window or glass door is broken. To prevent false alarms triggered by similar noises, the sensor uses Pattern Recognition Technology, which detects the actual audio patterns of breaking glass across the entire audio band.
- Detects breaking glass up to 20 feet away
- Omni-directional microphone provides 360-degree range
- Only detects breaking glass of framed perimeter windows/doors
- Two LED indicators and low battery alert
- Works with the Two-Way Wireless Transceiver
Pattern Recognition Technology provides superior glass break detection. The sensor's recognition patterns not only detect the difference between different breaking sounds, but also the difference between types of breaking glass. If a drinking glass breaks within the monitored room, for example, the sensor will not sound an alarm. It only triggers an alarm when it detects breaking glass of framed perimeter windows and doors.
Reliable Wireless Communication
The Elk Wireless Smoke Detector works with the Elk Two-Way Wireless Transceiver to send and receive wireless signals to/from the Elk M1 controller. Two-way technology allows the system to continually monitor and adjust RF signals, delivering reliable wireless communication and extended battery life.
- Wireless Glass Break Sensor
- CR123A Lithium Battery
- Mounting Screws and Anchors
- Installation Guide
- Requires the Elk M1 Wireless Transceiver (sold separately).
- Does not detect unframed breaking glass (drinking glass, bottle, etc.).
Premium Products For Security & Automation
Elk Products designs and manufactures quality electronic equipment for the professional security alarm and home automation installer. Our products include siren drivers, speakers, relays, timers, programmable controls, surge suppressors, telephone equipment, amplifiers, recordable units, batteries and more.
- Manufacturer Part #: ELK-6040
- Dimensions: 4.25(W) x 3.13(H) x 1.70(D) inches
- Sensor: Omni-directional Microphone, 360-degree Detection Range
- Detection Range: 20 feet (6m) x 360 degrees
- Min. Distance from Glass: 4 feet (1.2m)
- Glass Thickness:
- Plate: 3/32 to 1/4 inch (2.4 to 6.4mm)
- Tempered: 1/8 to 1/4 inch (3.2 to 6.4mm)
- Wired: 1/4 inch (6.4mm)
- Laminated: 1/8 to 1/4 inch (3.2 to 6.4mm)
- Power: One CR123 3.0 VDC Lithium Bttery
- Typical Battery Life: 5 years
- Quiescent Current: 25 µA (typically)
- RF Frequency: 902 to 928 Mhz channel hopping
- Supervisory Check-In Interval: ~64 minutes
- Storage Temperature: -4 to 140° F (-20 to 60° C)
- Operating Environment: 32° to 120° F (0 to 49° C)
- Relative Humidity: 93 percent RH (max.), non-condensing
- Approvals: FCC, IC