BackBoxx JR J-Boxx Surround
Add Protection to J-Box & Plaster Ring Installations
When you're installing a junction box (J-box) or plaster ring, use the BackBoxx JR™ J-Boxx Surround to protect the installed technology. The BackBoxx JR™ allows you to safely store wires, preventing damage to wire leads by routers or drywall finishing. The surround also maintains vapor barrier integrity behind the J-box or plaster ring to meet "tight building" codes, and it protects your in-wall components (technology ports, keypads, and more) from harmful blown insulation, moisture, and dirt.
The BackBoxx JR™ even has a special detachable flap to protect the J-box and wires from foam insulation over-spray. The flap is 24 inches long, with a convenient perforation at 16 inches.
- Prevents damage to wire leads and protects in-wall components
- Maintains vapor barrier integrity to meet "tight building" codes
- 3-1/2" depth provides space behind backless J-box to store and access wires
- Detachable flap protects J-box and wires from foam insulation over-spray
- Attaches quickly to studs with staple gun
- Rugged and lightweight, yet flexible in cold temperatures
The BackBoxx JR™ installs horizontally into the stud wall cavity, easily attaching to studs with a staple gun. It's made of flexible material, so you can easily cut it and slide it to accommodate narrow stud widths. The surround also features a "bulls-eye" back-wall design that assists you with making accurate wall cuts in retrofit installations.
- Signals to other trade professionals that technology will be installed
- Meets and exceeds 2012 IECC (International Energy Conservation Code) requirements
- Self-extinguishes when exposed to open flame
NOTE: Not recommended for installation in commercial buildings due to lack of official fire rating. Since BackBoxx™ products are designed to be installed behind the fire barrier (such as drywall) in residential applications, there is no requirement for BackBoxx™ products to carry a fire rating.
Professional Partners Backboxx™
BackBoxx™ products make you more efficient, more profitable with your time, and more professional in appearance. Although many of their products are designed to help you meet local and national building codes, installers also use them for an insulation-free project, wire protection during construction, and blocking of other trades from critical wiring areas. BackBoxx™ products are designed by custom installers who know that ease of installation means no hassles. Our products are simple to use and time-tested in thousands of applications each year.
- Manufacturer Part #: BBJR
- Dimensions: 9(W) x 9(H) x 3.5(D) inches
- Flap: 24 inches, with perforation at 16 inches
- Country of Origin: Made in the USA
- Approvals: Meets and exceeds 2012 IECC (International Energy Conservation Code) requirements