Aeotec Z-Wave Plus Z-Stick, Gen5
Control Z-Wave Devices with Your Computer
Now "Z-Wave Plus" certified, the Aeotec Z-Stick (Gen5) is a self-powered Z-Wave USB dongle with a push button for remote network creation. Essentially, the Z-Stick allows you to create a Z-Wave network using your host processor (PC, Mac, Linux, Raspberry Pi, etc.). Better yet, it enables you to remotely include/remove Z-Wave devices. Simply plug the stick into an open USB port and start adding Z-Wave devices!
- Enables a host processor to support up to 232 Z-Wave devices
- Allows remote inclusion/removal of Z-Wave devices
- Compatible with Windows PCs, Macs, Linux, Raspberry Pi, etc.
- "Z-Wave Plus" certified for wide compatibility
- Plugs into an open USB port on your host processor
How It Works
When attached to a host processor, the Z-Stick becomes a Z-Wave communication device, exposing the Zensys API (SerialAPI) through USB. The stick is meant primarily to allow a host processor to control Z-Wave devices using the Z-Wave technology protocol all the while simplifying Z-Wave network installation.
Furthermore, the Z-Stick is easily upgradeable by the end-user such that the latest Z-Wave protocols and commands are always available. It can be upgraded in field via its USB port which also serves as a charging port for its internal battery.
Host Processor Compatibility
The Z-Stick is compatible with all major operating systems, including Windows XP/Vista/7, Mac, Linux, and even "System on a Chip" processors, such as Raspberry Pi. It also works with various home automation software products, like HomeSeer software.
Please Note, software drivers may need to be installed in order for the Z-Stick to be recognized on some computers (see Specs tab for details).
Z-Wave Plus Certification
Z-Wave Plus is an upgraded certification program to help you identify products that take advantage of the "Next Gen" Z-Wave hardware platform, also known as 500 Series or Gen5 Z-Wave. Z-Wave Plus certified solutions feature a selected set of extended features and capabilities that enhance your experience with faster and easier installation and setup. Z-Wave Plus advancements also provide longer battery life, faster operation, better wireless range and improved noise immunity.
Harmonizing The Digital Home
Aeotec is a leading developer and manufacturer of wireless products which complement the "Digital Smart Home". Their products are designed to save energy, protect the home, and ultimately improve life. They focus on providing innovation, the highest caliber of quality, and unparalleled user experience without sacrifice.
- Manufacturer Part #: ZW090
- Z-Wave Chip: 500 series
- Frequency: 908.42MHz
- Power Supply: USB DC 4.75V to 5.25V or built-in rechargeable lithium battery 3.7V, 100mAh
- Max. Standby Current: 30uA
- Max. Operating Current: 98mA in PA mode or 40mA in normal mode
- Operating Temperature: 0 to 50 degrees C
- Storage Temperature: -20 to 70 degrees C
- Operating Distance: Up to 500 feet (150 meters) outdoors in normal mode or 300 feet (100 meters) outdoors in PA mode
- Certifications: Z-Wave Plus, FCC, CE, RoHS
- Warranty: 1 Year
The Z-Stick now uses UZB drivers (.inf) instead of Silabs UART to USB. There is no need to install the UZB drivers in OSX and Linux as these OS already have drivers that will allow the use of the Z-Stick without the UZB drivers.