2GIG Wireless Water Leak Detector
Protect Your Property From Flooding!
Don't let water damage ruin your home. Add the 2GIG Wireless Water Leak Detector to rooms that are susceptible to flooding such as the bathroom, laundry room, kitchen, and basement. This single-piece unit is designed to detect wet or dry floor conditions as well as ambient temperature. Once water is detected or a specific temperature threshold is exceeded, it will send a notification to your smartphone via the Alarm.com monitoring service app (subscription required), or send an alarm directly to your security panel. The detector is also capable of detecting clean or dirty fresh water, salt water and tap water.
- Detects wet or dry floor conditions as well as ambient temperature
- Dual sensing technology detects water from leaks above or pooled water below
- Uses metal probes for detection: two on the top and three below
- Compatible with 2GIG, Honeywell, and other 345MHz systems
- Battery-powered, no wiring required
- Remote monitoring via the Alarm.com app (subscription required)
Detect Water Leaks from Above and Below
The 2GIG Wireless Water Leak Detector offers a simple, yet versatile design for easy monitoring of any location. Unlike most leak detectors on the market, it features dual sensing technology, which means it can detect water leaks from above and below. It has two tiny metal probes on the top for detecting dripping water from leaking pipes above. It also has three tiny metal probes on the bottom for detecting pooling water underneath it. Dual sensing technology adds another level of leak detection you can't find in other leak detectors. It really provides the best protection against water leaks because it gives you both drip and flood notifications so you can quickly prevent or minimize costly water damage from occurring.
Possible Applications for Flood:
- Water heater
- Laundry rooms
- Sump pumps
- Kitchen sinks
- Bathroom sinks
- If the temperature is more than 95°F (35°C) for three (3) minutes, the detector will send a loop 2 transmission.
- If the temperature is less than 95°F (35°C) for three (3) minutes, the detector will send a loop 2 clear.
- If the temperature is less than 41°F (5°C) for three (3) minutes, the detector will send a loop 1 transmission.
- In the temperature is more than 41°F (5°C) three (3) minutes, the detector will send a loop 1 clear.
- Water Leak Detector
- User Manual
- Requires connection to a compatible control panel/receiver (2GIG, Honeywell, 345MHz compatible, sold separately).
- For remote monitoring using a smartphone, requires the Alarm.com app (subscription required).
Innovation Drives 2GIG Technology
Now under Nortek's family of Linear products, 2GIG offers intuitive and creative home technology with its premier self-contained, all-in-one security and home automation system. 2GIG's GoControl system has become a leading control hub for Z-Wave wireless systems, has and won numerous industry awards, including TechHome's 2011 Security Product of the Year and the 2012 Overall Maximum Impact Award at Electronic Security Expo (ESX). With 2GIG in control, users experience technology they never thought possible.
- Manufacturer Part #: 2GIG-FT6-345
- Wireless Signal Range: 350 ft (106.7m), open air with Wireless Control Panel
- Transmitter Frequency: 345 MHz
- Compatibility: 2GIG & Honeywell
- Supervisory Interval: 70 minutes
- Dimensions: 2.4(D) x 1.3(H) inches (61 x 33 mm)
- Temperature Thresholds:
- High: 95°F (35°C)
- Low: 41°F (5°C)
- Operating Temperature: 32° to 104° F (0° to 40° C)
- Operating Rel. Humidity: 5 to 95%, non-condensing
- Battery: CR123A 3V Lithium battery (included)
- Projected Battery Life: 5 years
- Certifications: FCC, IC
- Warranty: 2 Years