2GIG Wireless Outdoor Contact Sensor
Wireless Outdoor Gate/Door Sensor
Monitor the open/closed status of an outdoor gate or door with the 2GIG Wireless Outdoor Contact Sensor. This wireless contact sensor sends notifications to your alarm panel when a door, gate, or window is opened/closed. It can enable two zones, one with an internal magnetic reed switch and another with a normally-closed circuit that can have external devices wired to it. The wireless contact sensor works with GC2 and GC3 security panels (sold separately) and can be painted to match the color of the mounting surface.
- Notifies your alarm panel when a door, gate or window is opened or closed
- Can operate with a wide magnet gap (maximum of 2 inches) to enable sensing for various applications from yard gates to detached garages
- IP56 rated for extreme weather conditions
- Compatible with 2GIG, Honeywell, and 345 MHz wireless alarm systems
- Can be painted to match its mounting surface
- 2 lithium AA batteries included
How It Works
The 2GIG Wireless Outdoor Contact Sensor consists of two components (sensor and magnet). The wireless contact sensor mounts on the door/gate itself, and the magnet mounts on the frame. When the two are separated, the sensor reports an open status condition to your control panel, and vice versa. Additionally, the outdoor contact sensor has an external input that accepts connections from Normally Closed (NC) dry contact devices. And for added protection, it's equipped with a cover and wall tamper.
- Outdoor Sensor
- (2) Lithium AA Batteries
- Mounting Screws
- Requires connection to a compatible control panel/receiver (2GIG, Honeywell, 345MHz compatible, sold separately).
- For remote monitoring using a smartphone, requires the Alarm.com app (subscription required).
- Mount the Sensor within 100 feet (30 m) of the control panel for optimal performance.
- The preferred mounting distance between the Sensor and Magnet is 1/4 inch. The maximum gap is 2 inches.
Innovation Drives 2GIG Technology
Now under Nortek's family of Linear products, 2GIG offers intuitive and creative home technology with its premier self-contained, all-in-one security and home automation system. 2GIG's GoControl system has become a leading control hub for Z-Wave wireless systems, has and won numerous industry awards, including TechHome's 2011 Security Product of the Year and the 2012 Overall Maximum Impact Award at Electronic Security Expo (ESX). With 2GIG in control, users experience technology they never thought possible.
- Manufacturer Part #: 2GIG-DW30-345
- Wireless Signal Range: 350 ft (106.7m), open air with Wireless Control Panel
- Optimal Signal Range: 100 feet (30m), within control panel
- Transmitter Frequency: 345 MHz
- Compatibility: 2GIG
- Supervisory Interval: 70 minutes
- Magnet Type: Rare Earth
- Magnet Gap: Up to 2 inches
- Material: Paintable ABS
- External Input: Accepts N/C dry contact devices
- IP Rating: Tested to IP56
- Projected Battery Life: 5 Years
- Operating Temperature: -40° to 150°F (-40° to 66°C)
- Operating Rel. Humidity: 0 to 100%, non-condensing
- Sensor: 2.1(W) x 1.5(H) x 4.6(L) inches (54 x 39 x 116 mm)
- Magnet: 1(W) x 1.1(H) x 4.1(L) inches (25 x 28 x 103 mm)
- Certifications: FCC, IC
- Warranty: 2 Years