2GIG Wireless Thin Door/Window Contact
Wireless Door/Window Sensor
Monitor the status of any open/close object, including a door, window, cabinet, drawer, etc., with the 2GIG Wireless Thin Door/Window Contact. The wireless, battery-powered sensor works with the 2GIG GoControl panel or Vario wireless receiver, and features an exceptionally narrow width to fit into small spaces. When the monitored door/window is opened, the sensor signals the control panel to trigger an alarm.
- Monitors open/close status of an object
- Narrow 3/4" sensor fits into small spaces
- Supports internal and external contacts
- Can be used for two security zones
- Works with 2GIG wireless systems (345 MHz)
In addition to monitoring the primary door/window, the Thin Door/Window Contact can be used for a second security zone. It has an external input that accepts Normally Closed (NC) dry contact devices . The sensor also has a tamper-resistant cover that will trigger an alert if removed.
How It Works
The Door/Window Contact consists of two pieces (sensor and magnet), which easily install using the included mounting tape. The sensor mounts on the door/window itself, and the magnet mounts on the frame. When the two are separated, the sensor signals the control panel.
- Door/Window Contact
- (2) Screws
- Mounting Tape
- Wire Lead, 12"
- (2) Lithium Batteries
- Instruction Manual
Note: Requires connection to a 2GIG wireless system, such as a GoControl Panel or a Vario wireless-enabled system.
Innovation Drives 2GIG Technology
Now under Nortek's family of Linear products, 2GIG offers intuitive and creative home technology with its premier self-contained, all-in-one security and home automation system. 2GIG's GoControl system has become a leading control hub for Z-Wave wireless systems, has and won numerous industry awards, including TechHome's 2011 Security Product of the Year and the 2012 Overall Maximum Impact Award at Electronic Security Expo (ESX). With 2GIG in control, users experience technology they never thought possible.
- Manufacturer Part #: 2GIG-DW10-345
- Wireless Signal Range: 350 feet, open air, with 2GIG Wireless Control Panel
- Code Outputs: Alarm; Alarm Restore; Supervisory; Low Battery; External Alarm; External Restore; Tamper; Tamper Restore
- Transmitter Frequency: 345.000 MHz (crystal controlled)
- Transmitter Frequency Tolerance: ±15kHz
- Transmitter Bandwidth: 24kHz
- Modulation Type: Amplitude Shift Keying-On/Off Keying (ASK-OOK)
- Unique ID Codes: Over one million different code combinations
- Supervisory Interval: 70 minutes
- Peak Field Strength: Typical 36,000 uV/m at 3m
- External Input Sampling Current: 20 uA
- External Input: Accepts N/C dry contact devices
- Reed Switch Magnetic Sensitivity: 10 to 20 amp turns
- Reed Sensitivity: 0.625 in. (1.59 cm) minimum gap, 0.85 in. (2.16 cm) typical
- Magnet Dimensions: 1.3(L) x 0.435(W) x 0.312(H) inches (3.3 x 1.1 x 0.79 cm) typical
- Magnet Type: Rare earth
- Sensor Dimensions: 2.59 x 1.03 x 0.49 inches (6.58 x 2.62 x 1.24 cm)
- Weight: 1.1 ounces (31.2 g), including battery and magnet
- Housing Material: ABS plastic
- Color: White
- Operating Temperature: 32° to 104° F (0° to 40° C)
- Relative Humidity: 5 to 95 percent Non-Condensing
- Battery: Two Panasonic CR2032 or equivalent Lithium batteries (installed with pull tab)
- Included Accessories: Two Phillips flat-head screws
- Warranty: 2-Year Limited