WaterCop Flood Prevention Kit (1/2" Pipe)
Complete WaterCop Kit for 1/2-Inch Pipe Fittings
Everything you need to install an automatic flood prevention system comes with the complete WaterCop Flood Prevention Kit (1/2" Pipe). The water shut-off valve included with this kit is specifically intended for use with a main water line pipe measuring 1/2-inch in diameter (across). Several other kits are available to fit different sizes, so be sure to choose the correct size.
- Wireless flood sensors detect water to monitor leak-prone areas
- Upon water detection, sensor activates valve to shut off water supply
- On/Off valve control buttons allow manual valve operation
- Color-coded LED indicates current valve position
- Optionally integrates into a security/automation system
- Expandable system supports unlimited number of sensors
- (1) WaterCop Electric Actuator Motor
- (1) WaterCop Water Shut-Off Valve for 1/2" Pipe, Lead Free
- (2) WaterCop Single-Probe Wireless Flood Sensors
About the WaterCop System
The WaterCop System is designed to detect leaks at predetermined locations, and automatically shut off the water supply to help effectively reduce the chances of major water damage. A WaterCop system will provide your home with round-the-clock indoor flood protection. It works with wired and wireless flood sensors, wall switches, and most home security/automation systems.
WaterCop offers homeowners many benefits:
- Added property protection and peace of mind
- Potential insurance savings (discounts or credits)
- Integration with home security and automation systems
- 24/7 protection and conservation while you're home or away
Flood damage and losses related to plumbing problems can lead to higher home insurance costs and possibly the loss of affordable coverage altogether. The WaterCop system, when properly installed and maintained, offers a proven method to effectively reduce the chance of catastrophic flooding related to plumbing.
WaterCop Systems are ideal protection for:
- Single-family residences
- Multi-family residences
- Vacation homes and villas
- Rental homes and apartments
- Senior living homes and centers
- Laundry businesses
The WaterCop System is composed of three basic parts:
- WaterCop Electric Actuator Motor, the main system control unit.
- Ball valve, connected to the Electric Actuator Motor, automatically turns off your water supply when any flood sensor detects water.
- Flood sensors, which detect water from a leak or overflow, house a wireless radio transmitter that sends a signal to the WaterCop Motor to turn off your water supply.
How the System Works
Flood sensors constantly monitor their selected areas for accumulating moisture. When a leak is detected, a sensor sends a wireless radio frequency signal to the WaterCop motor, instructing it to activate the valve to shut off the water supply to the home. Once shut, the WaterCop valve will remain closed until it is manually reset. The flood sensors are battery-powered, enabling them to be located anywhere a leak is likely to occur, or where water might cause damage.
As the brains of the system, the motor features a built-in wireless receiver with user adjustable digital security codes, which allows additional nearby WaterCop systems to operate independently. The motor also has auxiliary low voltage contacts with a modular RJ-45 interface socket for direct connection to optional WaterCop accessories, or for integration with a third-party home security or automation system using standard Cat5 computer cabling.
Where to Use WaterCop:
- Kitchen: dishwashers, refrigerators, icemakers
- Bathroom: toilets, bathtubs, showers
- Water Heaters
- Washing Machines
- Electric Actuator Motor (WCDACT)
- Power Cord, 20-foot
- (1) WaterCop Water Shut-Off Valve for 1/2" Pipe, Lead Free (WCVLF 1/2)
- (2) Single-Probe Wireless Flood Sensors (WCDFS1)
- Instruction Manual
- The WaterCop motor requires electrical power (120V standard outlet) and will not operate during a power outage.
- Batteries/power supply not included for sensors.
- All WaterCop brass valves comply with published NSF61 standards which restrict lead and other metal contaminants to safe levels for drinking water systems; the lead-free valves are approved for sale in all U.S. States, and comply with California AB1953 and Vermont S.152 laws.
Stop Damaging Water Leaks...
... before they become major problems!
WaterCop automatic water shut-off systems automatically turn off the water when a leak has been detected. This effectively reduces the chance of water damage due to common plumbing problems.
WaterCop Systems are activated by flood sensors, an optional remote switch, or many types of home security systems. WaterCop systems provide homeowners with added control benefits and peace of mind.
Maintain a smarter home ... install a WaterCop today!
- Manufacturer Part #: WCKIT1
- Warranty: 2 Years
Electric Actuator Motor (WCDACT)
- Frequency: 418 MHz
- Wireless Range: approx. 100 to 200 feet
- Ambient Temperature: 35° to 105°F
- Enclosure: Polycarbonate
- Voltage: 12VDC, 60 Hz
- Power Cord: 20-foot power cord with 2-prong transformer for a standard outlet.
- Approvals: FCC, UL
Water Shut-Off Valve for 1/2" Pipe, Lead Free (WCVLF 1/2)
- Max. Working Pressure: 125 PSIG
- GPM Flow @ 1 PSI pressure drop*:
- 1/2" NPT: 19 GPM
- 3/4" NPT: 34 GPM
- 1" NPT: 52 GPM
- Ambient Temperature: 35° to 105°F
- Valve: Full-Port, Brass, NPT
- Valve Seals: RTFE
- Approvals: NSF 61 rated valve; Complies with Uniform Plumbing Code.
*For cold water applications.
Single-Probe Wireless Flood Sensor (WCDFS1)
- Color: White
- Number of Probes: 1
- Battery: Two (2) AA alkaline batteries (not supplied)
- Battery Life: Approx. 1 year
- Wireless Frequency: 418 MHz
- Wireless Range: 150 to 200 feet
- Sensor Cord: 6 feet