Qolsys IQ Wireless S-Line Encrypted Mini Door/Window Sensor
Monitor the Status of Any Open/Close Object
Monitor the open/closed status of a door or other open/close object with the Qolsys IQ Wireless S-Line Encrypted Mini Door/Window Sensor (AKA the IQ Mini-S). Used with any compatible control panel/receiver (319.5 MHz wireless frequency), such as a GE/Interlogix Panel (NetworX, Simon, etc.) or a Qolsys IQ Panel, this wireless battery-powered sensor sends intelligent notifications to your panel, such as "door left open". Notifications can be custom-named, so you can know exactly what's going on. Name notifications for the sensor at your front door, for example, "front door left open". For each sensor, you can also determine a unique chime type and turn voice prompts On/Off. Additionally, the sensor can be included in automation rules. For example, you could create a rule that adjusts your thermostat when a door is left open.
- Provides intelligent notifications such as "door left open"
- Compatible with 319.5 MHz wireless panels, such as GE/Interlogix or Qolsys IQ
- Wireless range up to 600 feet from panel
- "S-Line" encryption protects signals
- Built-in tamper switch triggers alert if cover is removed
- Easily mounts with included adhesive
- Battery-powered, no wiring required
How It Works
The Mini Door/Window Sensor consists of two components: the sensor and the magnet. The sensor installs on the door/window frame, and the magnet installs on the door/window itself. When the sensor detects the magnet has moved more than 1 inch, a notification is triggered.
Because a rare earth magnet is used, you have flexible mounting options. Boasting up to eight years of battery life, the sensor uses an innovative board and antenna design to extend range and allow mounting on a variety of surfaces.
- Swing door
- Sliding glass door
- Garage door
- Medicine cabinet
- Can be programmed as "Safety Sensor" for medicine cabinets, safes, etc.
- Using Alarm.com (requires optional subscription), you can get a text if your door or window is left open
- Triggers alerts for tamper, tamper restore, alarm, alarm restore, and low battery
About S-Line Encryption
Qolsys wireless devices that feature S-Line ("Secure Line") technology offer advanced encryption to safeguard your wireless signals against hacking.
The technology employs an advanced encryption scheme between the wireless sensor/device and the control panel to ensure that wireless event transmissions are always unique, preventing and eliminating common replay attacks (when an unscrupulous person uses an easy-to-purchase software-defined radio or "listening device" to replay events that were previously sent by wireless devices paired with a security system.) At time of pairing, S-Line technology passes a unique key which enables the encryption algorithm for unique event transmissions, thereby preventing such replay attacks.
- Mini Door/Window Sensor
- Rare Earth Magnet
- Batteries (pre-installed)
- Mounting Adhesive
NOTE: Requires connection to a compatible control panel/receiver (319.5 MHz wireless frequency), such as a GE/Interlogix Panel (NetworX, Simon, etc.), Qolsys IQ Panel, Leviton 64-Zone Receiver for GE/Interlogix, Elk M1 Wireless Receiver for GE/Interlogix Crystal Transmitters, or other legacy 319.5 MHz system (all sold separately).
Qolsys: All In One. Always Connected.
Founded in 2010 with the mission to improve lives through technology, Qolsys develops innovative life safety, security, and home control devices built to set a higher standard for the industry. Qolsys products are flexible, intuitive, and reliable. As Qolsys says, "There's never been a better time to get connected."
Compatible 319.5 MHz Wireless Panels/Receivers*
- GE/Interlogix Panel (NetworX, Simon, etc.)
- Qolsys IQ Panel (Version 1 or 2)
- Leviton 64-Zone Receiver for GE/Interlogix (part 42A00-2)
- Elk M1 Wireless Receiver for GE/Interlogix Crystal Transmitters (part ELK-M1XRFEG)
*Panels and receivers are sold separately.
- Manufacturer Part #:
- Brown: QS1136-840
- White: QS1135-840
- Gap: up to 3/4 inch
- Battery: 3V Lithium (x2) included; Replace with exact replacement every 5 years.
- Transmitter Frequency: 319.5 MHz
- Wireless Signal Range: 600 feet (200 m), open air.
- Code Outputs: tamper, tamper restore, alarm, alarm restore, low battery. Unique code ID.
- Supervisory Keep-Alive Interval: 70 minutes
- RF Peak Field Strength: typical 36000 uV/m at 3m
- Operating Temperature: 14° to 122°C (-10° to 50°C)
- Relative Humidity: 5 to 95 percent, non-condensing
- Storage Temperature: -40° to 176°F (-40° to 80°C)
- Sensor Dimensions: 2.25(H) x 1.0(W) x 0.5(D) inches
- Approvals: FCC, IC
- Warranty: 1-Year Limited